AVIC411.com

I think a full recall is in order

I am confused, so you have an updated unit or performed the update yourself? So these are existing issues even after the update?

I owned one before when it first came out in June, and the things that bothered me most of all was the gps voice crackling and the weird issues with the comma, very bad lagging in screens and the out of memory error with poi searches.

Yes, the boot up time is ludicris and needs to be updated, by putting the unit in some sort of standby or hibernation mode when it detects the key has been turned off. why can't they do this like the magellan gps's do? The battery lasts at least a week and then goes into a full power off mode, at which point it does take awhile say 45 seconds to get up and running, but these issues seem to be unique to windows ce, if that is any indication.

All I can say is lets just hope they continue to put pressure on these program vendors they bought the rights to that they get it up and running properly or i have a feeling Pioneer's reputation is going out the window.

Pioneer does not need to recall the F-series, they just need to work out all the software glitches, which happens because its a first-generation CE product that ties together Parrot Bluetooth, i-Go navigation on top of the media players.

Microsoft did not have to recall the buggy POS called Windows ME, so Pioneer will most likely not be recalling the F-series.

Just be happy that Pioneer actually updated the unit within 2 months after release instead of dragging it on longer.

Pioneer does not need to recall the F-series, they just need to work out all the software glitches, which happens because its a first-generation CE product that ties together Parrot Bluetooth, i-Go navigation on top of the media players.

Microsoft did not have to recall the buggy POS called Windows ME, so Pioneer will most likely not be recalling the F-series.

Just be happy that Pioneer actually updated the unit within 2 months after release instead of dragging it on longer.

Well, I believe that the main thing to worry about is still, if Pioneer is actually going to update the unit more than this one time..

the unit does have great potential, but until some of the errors have been fixed, we're stuck at a unit that boots very slowly (remember that CE is capable of booting in just 1 second) so the issue lies at Pioneer. (obviously they do have alot of stuff in the Initialization sequence, but maybe it will be possible to optimize that )

and a unit that makes alot of glitches with iPod, Nav, Phone, LAG..

with all of these bugs fixed, the unit would be really great..

so PLEASE Pioneer :?

and while your at it..

Please enable Voice commands to the European model..

We're missing it..