AVIC411.com

I think a full recall is in order

So I am the owner of an F900bt and i have been reading through these forums over the last week. I think its pretty clear that pioneer has produced a less than satisfactory product in terms of all the bugs, glitches, boot times, etc. If this boot time issue is infact a hardware problem, and cannot be fixed through a firmware update then pioneer needs to do a recall in order to fix the problem. Im sure a faster processor would fix the boot time issues, and possibly even some of the bugs. I am a canadian owner, and here are just some of the problems i have noticed.

1. Long start up time (obvious)

2. Ipod connection failed error

3. POI's useless. It is impossible to search by city, and even when doing a search near gps position/cursur it will always give you a full list of POI's within the province/state. Ex: i live in ontario, I tried to find canada's wonderland from a parking lot across the road and i could not bring it up. Although I had no problem finding POI's 2 hours away in niagara falls.

4. I have had my deck automatically reset. This results in another 2 minute boot time. This is unacceptable.

5. 2d view is unusable, always north

6. "Conversational" voice commands are not so conversational

7. I cannot voice dial a number, it has to be a contact.

8. Volume sometimes freezes and is unusable

9. voices will often times come out choppy/stuttery when in ipod menu while a nav command is said. This is another issue im sure could be fixed if the avic had the propper processor.

10. even after the boot time, many buttons and features are unusable for 30sec to one minute.

Im sure this list could be bigger, but at the moment this is all i can come up with. most of these issues, i am sure are processor related.

I will give pioneer 30 days to fix these issues (the extent of my return policy) and if it doesnt happen, I will be exchanging it for a jvc NX7000.

In the meantime we have to put the pressure on pioneer to fix these issues. Talk to your dealers about this, talk to pioneer about this, keep the discussion alive on the forums. Its the only way to force a solution.

I am an associate at a future shop store in ontario. I will be talking with my rep as well as other associates throughout the company, and our buyer to hopefully get the message across to pioneer. Im sure that FutureShop/BestBuy is pioneer's biggest merchant. Im sure they would listen if we had something to say.

WOW ! I was just kidding,didn't know there was really a 2nd one.I know what you said but I've got to see it.I'm a big Sci-Fi fan.

I see it was made in 1999. I guess I slept that year.

i

So I am the owner of an F900bt and i have been reading through these forums over the last week. I think its pretty clear that pioneer has produced a less than satisfactory product in terms of all the bugs, glitches, boot times, etc. If this boot time issue is infact a hardware problem, and cannot be fixed through a firmware update then pioneer needs to do a recall in order to fix the problem. Im sure a faster processor would fix the boot time issues, and possibly even some of the bugs. I am a canadian owner, and here are just some of the problems i have noticed.

1. Long start up time (obvious)

2. Ipod connection failed error

3. POI's useless. It is impossible to search by city, and even when doing a search near gps position/cursur it will always give you a full list of POI's within the province/state. Ex: i live in ontario, I tried to find canada's wonderland from a parking lot across the road and i could not bring it up. Although I had no problem finding POI's 2 hours away in niagara falls.

4. I have had my deck automatically reset. This results in another 2 minute boot time. This is unacceptable.

5. 2d view is unusable, always north

6. "Conversational" voice commands are not so conversational

7. I cannot voice dial a number, it has to be a contact.

8. Volume sometimes freezes and is unusable

9. voices will often times come out choppy/stuttery when in ipod menu while a nav command is said. This is another issue im sure could be fixed if the avic had the propper processor.

10. even after the boot time, many buttons and features are unusable for 30sec to one minute.

Im sure this list could be bigger, but at the moment this is all i can come up with. most of these issues, i am sure are processor related.

I will give pioneer 30 days to fix these issues (the extent of my return policy) and if it doesnt happen, I will be exchanging it for a jvc NX7000.

In the meantime we have to put the pressure on pioneer to fix these issues. Talk to your dealers about this, talk to pioneer about this, keep the discussion alive on the forums. Its the only way to force a solution.

I am an associate at a future shop store in ontario. I will be talking with my rep as well as other associates throughout the company, and our buyer to hopefully get the message across to pioneer. Im sure that FutureShop/BestBuy is pioneer's biggest merchant. Im sure they would listen if we had something to say.

Hey man i would like to help you if i can i am located in toronto ontario myself and the first 5 problems you listed i am having problems with myself. It is very annoying the main reason i went with pioneer is becase I have had 2 previous avic units and they have been amazing. The F really needs some major debugging