AVIC411.com

AVIC-F900BT european version ( Slow bootup Solution ???? )

Hi all

I'm from portugal and I've just bougth a brand new avic-f900bt, but I fell bad about portugal pioneer electronics, they don't have much information about this new unit, and the problems they already have, I think I will be desapoited if pioneer dosen't put the corrections for this firmware soon

1st the unit as no voice command like the american model I'm afraid we are 2nd class people

2nd every time you turn you car key on, does you unit spend so mutch time for botup (more or less 1 minute), or there is another way to listen music while the unit are doing all the check ?

because this waiting time is boring.

Nope... none of the European F-series models have the voice command feature. I don't know why they chose to put it into the US units and not the Euro units. Kinda shitty if you ask me.

And the 1 minute boot up time is "normal"... everyone's units do it. As of right now Pioneer's official work is that it is supposed to operate that way. So my guess is they have no plans to alleviate it in the foreseeable future.

Ok too bad

and do you know how other's systems work ? like alpine, kennwood, clarion, will they do the same slow start ?

Because I didn´t install the system in the car yet, probably I will return the unit to the suplier, I don't like to be deceived by the fanci videos that they put on net

Olá,

I was considering and even had a F900BT on order, but after joinig this forum I gave up and ordered a Clarion MAX983HD. Yes, it's quite a bit more expensive, but you know what? It just works! Like advertised!

And, guess what? You will have music 5 seconds after turning the key and full control after 10 or so (they force you to read the disclaimer first...)

Check it out if you can. You can see pictures of my install in: http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16635

Luis

Olá,

I was considering and even had a F900BT on order, but after joinig this forum I gave up and ordered a Clarion MAX983HD. Yes, it's quite a bit more expensive, but you know what? It just works! Like advertised!

And, guess what? You will have music 5 seconds after turning the key and full control after 10 or so (they force you to read the disclaimer first...)

Check it out if you can. You can see pictures of my install in: http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16635

Luis

olá luis

já vi a tua instalação o rádio é bem fixe quanto pagas-te por ele ?

para já falei com o vendedor do meu e amanha vou instalar o pioneer de uma maneira pouco usual para ver se resulta, se sim depois posto aqui o resultado em ingles para os restantes perceberem, se a instalação não der como penso que sim vou então devolver e provavelmente adquirir um igual ao teu

Olha, porque detestei a interface. Andei a olhar para o 8220 e para o Pio HD3BT e ambos tinham uma interface não particularmente ergonómica e sobretudo não gostei do grafismo.

De resto, penso que os Kenwood estão entre os melhores. Têm ainda a vantagem de ter USB e saídas line level, coisas que o Clarion não tem.

Tem o disco de 40Gb em troca.

O facto de não ter saídas de linha não me trouxe problemas porque o meu amplificador Bose aceita entradas de nível de altifalante.

Olá Luis

São boas opções, que irei ter em conta caso veja que o AVIC-F900BT não faça o que eu quero.

Mas para já nenhum me consegue fazer o voice command, foi uma das coisas que me deixou fulo com a Pioneer, andaram eles a colocar os videos na net e depois não disponibilizam para o mercado europeu, é caso para dizer DHAAA

Em relação á instalação a minha ideia consiste na alimentação do aparelho desde o momento que se desactiva o alarme e se abre as trancas das portas, sendo que o tempo que se demora a entar na viatura, colocar cinto etc. o sistema deverá estar completamente operacional, até porque não faz sentido a camara trazeira só estar operacional após o sistema navi estar activo, no final quando se sair do carro e activar o alarme e trancar as portas, aí é cortada a corrente e o aparelho desligar-se-á, esta solução é possivel até porque tenho um amigo que é engenheiro electotecnico, e vai desenvolver um módulo para este efeito,

Que achas ?

vou colocar esta opção no tópico em ingles.

dear friends

in the past the weekend I installed the AVIC-F900BT, so far so good

I had an idea which may solve the slow start, I spoke with a friend of mine who is an electronic engineer

I asked him if it's possible using the remote command to opening the car door's cause the radio receives an immediate power, bypassing the ACC.

Then, as we enter the car and while you put the safety belt, almost 60" as past and the navy system should be operational at this time.

then when turning on the ignition this should not turn off the radio because of the bypass, and the radio still go on.

Finally, when we get out of the car and lock the doors with the remote command, the energy to the radio will be cut off, and the radio will shout down.

my friend says it's possible and will develop a module for this purpose

What do you think of this solution ?

My simple solution is to choose the FM tuner before I turn the stereo off.

Then when you start the car, the system still take a minute to boot, but the radio comes on in the background after about 10 seconds. you can still control the volume, but thats it!

My simple solution is to choose the FM tuner before I turn the stereo off.

Then when you start the car, the system still take a minute to boot, but the radio comes on in the background after about 10 seconds. you can still control the volume, but thats it!

Yeap, that´s true, I do the same when I shout out the system, but, look

I´m wondering, who was the smart guy in Pioneer who put the rear camera funcional only after the navy system boot up, the manual says it is for safety reason, does anyone in pioneer thinks that we will only go in backwards mode, and that's why we need first the GPS connected ????

Because with the system running this way, there must not be many people buying a rear camera

Then we still have the bluetooth question, that only begins to activate after the navy system be fully operational.

That's why I became with this solution

obrigado,

but my car when starting the engine shutsdown the power to the radio. .......................

Ok that's why I mencioned the bypass on the ACC.

The principal idea is is to power on/off the radio using the remote control of the car doors.

To do so I'm gonna connect the radio to a kind of relay or switch that will give power (12V) only when the remote is pressed to open the car doors, and disconect when I lock doors using the same command.

By this connection when you start the engine, the power will never shutdown, because the connection is not there.