AVIC411.com

Innovatek DVD changer with IP Bus???

[url=http://www.mp3playerstore.com/stuff_you_need/dvd/DVP-6808.htm]http://www.mp3playerstore.com/stuff_you ... P-6808.htm[/url]

Does anyone know if this will actually work? It has an IP Bus control and, correct me if I'm wrong, can't you use the RCA inputs on the D2 but still control it from the headunit?

Its just wierd because I've never seen any other product besides Pioneers have IP bus control.

Any thought/comments?
Wow, that's weird to see something non-Pioneer with IP-Bus.

I would guess that it should work.

YES you can use RCA inputs on the D2 and control it from the head unit. In the setup you can see where you can change the RCA inputs between AV and M-DVD (or something like that). The latter setting enables the video input when the source is M-DVD.
I would guess that it won't work in IP bus mode. All of Pioneer's dvd changers also require an AV bus cable because that cable passes some of the control information from the touchscreen back to the changer. My guess is that you would have to run it in standalone mode, run it in through the AV input, and control the dvds with that remote.

[quote name="GnatGoSplat"]Wow, that's weird to see something non-Pioneer with IP-Bus.

I would guess that it should work.

YES you can use RCA inputs on the D2 and control it from the head unit. In the setup you can see where you can change the RCA inputs between AV and M-DVD (or something like that). The latter setting enables the video input when the source is M-DVD.[/quote]
I really think it should work. The manual says this:

[quote]
Touch “AV INPUT” in the SETUP menu.
Each touch of the “AV INPUT” changes the
settings as follows:
• OFF — No video component is connected
• VIDEO — External video component
• M-DVD — DVD player connected with RCA
cable
When a DVD player is connected with an AVBUS
cable, do not select “M-DVD” or else no
picture is displayed even if you select S-DVD.
[/quote]

I have tried it, and when set to M-DVD, the M-DVD function in the AV Menu is still dimmed out as though it's expecting an IP-Bus device. This tells me that an IP-Bus device mapped to M-DVD can still send its video over an RCA cable if the AV INPUT is set to M-DVD.

Although worst case scenario would be you have to chop up an AV-Bus cable and splice a composite RCA video cable into it to make it work, but I really think it won't be necessary.
  • 5 months later...