AVIC411.com

Problem with GPS after upgrading Z2 to Z3

I would really appreciate any help on this issue as my gps is pretty much unusable right now.

I upgraded my Z2 to a Z3 and now my gps does not track correctly. The direction indicator that points in the direction of travel will drift and even change all the way so that it is pointing backwards. The position indicator also drifts and hangs up in places.

I don't really understand why the computer can't figure out the direction of travel after taking samples and trying to learn, I am pretty sure that a garmin does this.

Things I have tried to do to fix the issue :

I have reset tall of the hardware several times (only momentarily fixes the problem)

I have adjusted my position and direction manually on the screen (seems to fix it longer than resetting the calibration)

Removed and re-installed the hard drive (no real effect)

Things I might consider a problem :

could it be a grounding issue? I never had this problem when it was still a Z2.

Please help, any help is appreciated.

• 1 month later...

has anyone figured this out or have the same problem. Mine started after doing the z3 upgrade. I have the same problems with the indicator arrow drifting and sometimes being off track. If I reset the learning status it'll temporarily fix it. Seems like when this happens it'll say excessive vibration and the vss stops working. The head unit is mounted perfectly using the oem mounts on a lexus gs so I dont believe it can be from a bumpy ride.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...