AVIC411.com

AVIC-F900BT any good?

just had the car of my wife for today and played with the kenwood dnx5220 what i installed in her vehicle some time ago.

man o man, i'm not sure if i will keep that pioneer avic-f900bt in my vehicle. that dnx5220 is so much better in almost everything...

it's fast, if you touch the screen it just works directly, no delay. the garmin sat nav and the radio / dvd are working really good together as getting a small screen with directions in the bottom of the screen when listening to my podcasts i have on my usb stick. the voice isn't telling me a doesn't times to make the turns etc. the screen is also much better readable. the high resolution of the avic-f900bt is nice but not really useful in a moving vehicle with sun light... also the menu colours of the avic-f900bt are to dark. they should invert it make it while with black letters?

so now i will have to make the decision of rather i will keep it or exchange it for a dnx5220bt too.

i think the pioneer sounds a bit better but thats hard to judge since we don't have the same cars / speakers. also a strong point is that the avic-f900bt has the speed pulse connected what makes the sat nav more reliable.

still not sure but i'm finding it more and more difficult to keep it.

my main reason for the avic-f900bt was that it's easy hackable and the multi sensor sat nav. we do travel through long tunnels with junctions.

I had the 5120 and bluetooth and liked it a whole lot but the voice ipod controls were the biggest selling point to me. Also the ipod art never stays correct.

Oh i also didnt want to pay $200 for the traffic tuner plus the yearly fee or the the monthly fee of XMNavtraffic.