AVIC411.com

F700BT with iPod touch and apple cable not working

Hi,

I just bought the apple cable and tried it with my f700 and my iPod nano gen 2, last firmware, connectivity is kinda random, sometimes it work, sometime it doesnt. But with my girlfriend iPod touch, its not working at all, the iPod is not detected but he's charging...

Is it that i really need the Pioneer cable? The touch seems to be at the last version except for the iPhone 2.0 update (10$ for what???)

Ritch

EDIT: Touch firmware is at 1.1.4 4a102, which seems to be a working one according to others threads i just read

You DO NOT need the Pioneer cable, Apple's A/V cable kit will work just fine. I'm using that with my iPhone and Nano, and they both work fine.

I can't comment on the Touch (not iTouch, that product doesn't exist) as I don't have one, but you must have 1.1.4 installed on it because 2.0 doesn't work with the F-Series, and my iPhone didn't play videos until I updated to 2.0.

I've installed the cable...however I'm not able to play video off the itouch. I can see the video tab at the top of the screen, but it doesnt play video...

Can anyone play video on the f700bt?

My 80GB classic plays videos fine. I can try my iPod Touch later this evening though. I have some video on that - just haven't connected it yet. It is also running the 2.0 software.

Did you update your Touch to version 2.0? If you did it won't work, and the only way to regain use is to roll the firmware back to 1.1.4.

That's probably why then. I get a little beep like it starts to charge and recognize but then nothing. I'm not too worried about it though, my 80gb is the one that stays in there. I was just testing the Touch.

Did you update your Touch to version 2.0? If you did it won't work, and the only way to regain use is to roll the firmware back to 1.1.4.

That's probably why then. I get a little beep like it starts to charge and recognize but then nothing. I'm not too worried about it though, my 80gb is the one that stays in there. I was just testing the Touch.

Can you updade yours to the new 2.0.2 and then try it? It just came out today and I wonder if it fixes it. I would try it but then it is a pain to go all the way back to 1.4 to get it to work again with the headunit.

Can you updade yours to the new 2.0.2 and then try it? It just came out today and I wonder if it fixes it. I would try it but then it is a pain to go all the way back to 1.4 to get it to work again with the headunit.

Yup... tried 2.0 and 2.0.2 today. No dice.