AVIC411.com

eq/audio settings

Hey everyone I wanted to start a thread and have people contribute what their system consists of and how everyone customizes their AV Sound. Please list what kind of F unit you have, amps, subs, speakers or if it's stock. What do you guys preferably keep your EQ on? Do you guys tweak any of the subwoofer settings? etc.

HU: f90bt

Amp: jl 500/1v2, 300/4v2

Speakers: jl c5-650

Sub: 10w7 in HO box

I generally keep my EQ on flat and have the Loudness set on low. Everything else is off (HPF, FAD/BAL, Bass Booster).

H/U: F90BT

Front speakers: Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.5" components

Rear speakers: Infinity Kappa 3 way 6X9's

Amp: 75W x 4 RMS (full gain for front, 2/3 gain for rear because the 6X9's are 2 ohms)

Sub: Bazooka 10" DVC passive bass tube

Amp: 200W x 2 RMS (full gain)

F90 settings

Sub lowpass filter: 80Hz

Sub level: 0 (level set on sub amp)

Stereo speaker highpass filter: 80Hz

Loudness: Off

Bass boost: Off

Fade/Balance: default (use amp levels for fader)

Custom EQ: +2db @ 500Hz, wide2 setting... the midrange needed a slight bit of fill to match the crazy amount of treble the Infinity's put out.

Front speakers: JL VR650-CSi Component

Rear speakers: JL VR525-CXi Coaxials

Amp: JL 300/4v2 75 W RMS x 4

Sub: Stock Ford Pioneer Sub

Amp: ?

F90 settings

Sub level: 3

Loudness: Mid

Fade/Balance: +2 front

Custom EQ: To many custom settings to explain. I still mess with it all the time. I will take a picture and post it.

Head unit F900BT

front speakers alpine type R 6.5" components (cant remember the model #)110W RMS tweeters set @ 0DB

rear speakers alpine type R 5x7 coaxils (cant remember the model #) 90W RMS

Amp alpine f550 90W RMS X 4

Gain 1/2 on front and rear

Sub: pioneer low air sub

Amp soundstream 200W RMS

gain 1/2

Sub level: 3

Loudness: Mid

Bass boost: +1

Fade/Balance: center

Custom EQ: To many custom settings still adjusting

Front speakers: Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.5" components

Rear speakers: Infinity Kappa 3 way 6X9's

Amp: 75W x 4 RMS (full gain for front, 2/3 gain for rear because the 6X9's are 2 ohms)

Sub: Bazooka 10" DVC passive bass tube

Amp: 200W x 2 RMS (full gain)

F90 settings

Sub level: 0 (level set on sub amp)

Loudness: Off

Fade/Balance: default (use amp levels for fader)

Custom EQ: +2db @ 500Hz, wide2 setting... the midrange needed a slight bit of fill to match the crazy amount of treble the Infinity's put out.

A HiFiSi I didn't know you had a Bazooka tube.I installed one in a friends car back in the 80's and man I was shocked at the amount of bass and how hard it was hitting.I'm thinking about getting the BTA10250D - BT Series 10 inch 250 watt Class D Amplified Tube.How is yours sounding?

A HiFiSi I didn't know you had a Bazooka tube.I installed one in a friends car back in the 80's and man I was shocked at the amount of bass and how hard it was hitting.I'm thinking about getting the BTA10250D - BT Series 10 inch 250 watt Class D Amplified Tube.How is yours sounding?

Mine sounds amazing, even after being used for 7 or 8 years. I think the best ting about it is that inside the car it gives you a ton of bass, but it's not all that audible outside the car. I would recommend getting one of the passive (non-amplified) bass tubes and running it off of an external amplifier, though. The amps they put in those tings aren't all that great.

hifisi, why dont you turn your gains down a bit? it'll get almost as loud, but wont sound distorted.... the lower your gains, the better your sound... you should seriously try one of those kicker EQs... my gains are literally all the way down and it gets loud as hell.

What distortion? I can turn the volume on my F90 all the way up and it's crystal clear.