AVIC411.com

Thinking about buying an AVIC D3...

My friend recently installed a AVIC D3 in his car and I was thinking about buying one.. but i can't seem to find it anywhere online except for eBay. I was thinking about getting the F900BT, but then I've only heard horror stories with it and how it doesn't work right. I was wondering what you all think is the best Pioneer AVIC right now. I'm looking for something that has bluetooth, iPod, GPS, and one that has a good interface. I did like the D3 but if there is something newer I don't know what to get. I don't need a hard drive like the Z3 or a backup camera.... what do you all recommend? What are the best options out there?

best avic is all about preference. personally i think its a close call between the z3 and the f90bt. both have their ups and down, but again, it really comes down to what you want from your unit.

the F series is the successor to the D series, so if you like the d youll like the f, and alot of the major problems have been resolved...also the F series doesnt need nav discs like the d series..

hope that helped!

You're pretty much not going to find a D3 anywhere, as it's been discontinued. There might be some stores that could have some still left in stock, but you're more likely to find one through a reseller like Amazon, or ebay, maybe craigslist.