AVIC411.com

Speed Sensor Wire Issues

So I have my speed sensor lead connected into my PCM. Looks like 4 pulses per 1 mph. The AVIC works great.

BUT

At low speed between 0-11 mph the car's PCM registers no speed signal at all or intermittent. The AVIC D3 registers the speed correctly.

This is causing issues with the speed sensitive power steering and the CEL below as a result.

P0503 Vehicle Speed Sensor (VSS) Circuit Intermittent -PCM

I can have the wire tapped in at the PCM connector and I have it soldered in. Am I missing something here. For the time being I have decided to unhook the speed wire on my AVIC-D3 and the PCM registers the correct speed between 0-11mph now.

Any ideas?

If the connection to the VSS wire is slid and the original wire you tapped into is unbroken, I don't really see any reason why it would cause a problem...

You could always just leave the VSS wire unhooked. It doesn't really effect the nav performance all that much.

Are you sure you have the correct wire for the Vss wire.What type of car do you have and what color wire are you using.You might be connected to the tach wire.

I am using the VSS sensor wire on the PCM C3 connection, I think it's purple and pin 4? I could be wrong I haven't looked at it in a while, but I am sure it's the correct wire, I got it from my factory service manual, the ignition is a COP and uses a different set of wires which I also use for my nitrous controller :)

I have been living with this for about 1 years, however since I am spending more time in stop and go it's throwing the code daily. I would try the BCM but it appears there is no VSS on the BCM with the new fangled GMLAN. I might try to find a non driven wheel sensor lead since the PCM has a PID for that as well.

Are you sure you have the correct wire for the Vss wire.What type of car do you have and what color wire are you using.You might be connected to the tach wire.

I am using the VSS sensor wire on the PCM C3 connection, I think it's purple and pin 4? I could be wrong I haven't looked at it in a while, but I am sure it's the correct wire, I got it from my factory service manual, the ignition is a COP and uses a different set of wires which I also use for my nitrous controller :)

I have been living with this for about 1 years, however since I am spending more time in stop and go it's throwing the code daily. I would try the BCM but it appears there is no VSS on the BCM with the new fangled GMLAN. I might try to find a non driven wheel sensor lead since the PCM has a PID for that as well.

• 1 month later...