AVIC411.com

Progress: Blue Boxes and Contacts

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've tried both of those and they don't seem to work... I just get nothing there. I tried adding text_full at the end to see if that would work and it didn't either :( There must be something simple I am missing. Has anyone else tried to do this at all with or without success?

The clock has this in it: formatmodel="local.short_timeformat" so you could try adding that into the element?

Edited to add: Change the textmodel_wstr bit into textmodel_time, that should fix it.

Edited again: textmodel_time is for the ETA I think and textmodel_timespan is for the time remaining / countdown, I think.

Here is the code I'm gonna try:

I'll give this a try and report back in the morning!

There's a call in the application binary for sc_mute_on and sc_mute_off but I couldn't say whether those will mute the OS / system volume or just the volume of the iGo sounds and voices.

It work be really neat if we could just kill the voice without having to navigate the menus to turn down the nav volume! The nav can get really annoying at times.

This code worked for me:

Incidentally if you search the navigatemap_800_480.ui for this code: "" you'll find a lot of this stuff is already in there but appearantly unused. At least, I've never seen it, but found it in my navigatemap file.

Cheers!

It work be really neat if we could just kill the voice without having to navigate the menus to turn down the nav volume! The nav can get really annoying at times.

The easiest solution to this problem might just be a button that takes you straight to the sound settings screen. The voice volume is set up by a slider and I don't really know how to interpret that into a 'mute' function, but I can at least save you from having to navigate a bunch of menus.

Just create a button or some text and include this code:

onrelease='nextstate st_SettingSound'

then when you tap that it will take you straight to the navi sound settings screen where you can move the voice volume down to nothing. The 'back' arrow on the sound settings screen should take you back to the map. I've done this to directly get to the GPS Status screen and it works fine.

Having said that, I'm sure there's a way to set the voice volume to zero without the slider - it's just a matter of tracking down the correct variable, figuring out how to directly load a value into it, and then figuring out how to unmute it again the same way. In the meantime though, the shortcut to the sound settings should be almost as good.

Cheers!

This code worked for me:

The code I tried worked :) Now I'm gonna make it so that tapping it will switch between time to destination and eta.

Incidentally if you search the navigatemap_800_480.ui for this code: "" you'll find a lot of this stuff is already in there but appearantly unused. At least, I've never seen it, but found it in my navigatemap file.

I see that in mine too. I wonder what all that is there for.

I see that in mine too. I wonder what all that is there for.

I'm guessing that these .ui files are never really rewritten from scratch. Everyone (including us!) just grabs an existing one then modifies it to their needs. Stuff which isn't required is never deleted, just bypassed and abandoned, but always remains part of the file.

I'm sure it's been this way forever - the original ui file was probably carved into stone blocks... it didn't convey much information (global position: infront of stone block) but since then it's just too much work to wipe the files clean and start from scratch. Plus, there's probably no single comprehensive source of documention, so we need to keep these historic codelines intact so that we may learn from them...

:wink:

Cheers!

It parses everything at startup...if the .ui files were cleaned up and the spaghetti code was cleansed, and if we deleted all the unecessary bmp and spr files, it would speed up the boot time. The question is, would it speed things up enough to make it worth the effort? I doubt we'd see more than 5 seconds' improvement... but I could be wrong.

In other news, the two script tags I found for muting the audio, do not work. They're referenced in the binary but when I try calling them from the UI it just returns a script error that it cannot find the references.

Kool sounds good so this Data.zip file when you post it can you post the Mods that was done to it? i guess they should make a Sticky Thread of of Modded Data.zip files with everyone who modded out there files with different styles, fonts, etc.. :)

I have posted my data.zip file and documented my changes here... Click me :)

Stephanie, I can't get the clock to go into the very corner of the screen like yours, I tried y=5 but it moved it way down for some reason. What y coordinate do you have yours at? Thanks!

Here is the clock code from my navigatemap_800_480.ui file:

I don't remember all the changes I have made but I think one of them may have been to the template... from xtxt to xtxt2.

One other random comment, about these elements. The x= and y= are obvious, w= is the width of the element, h= is the height of the element. You'll see z= quite a bit, that sets how the elements are 'layered' on the screen. If you put two things in the same place on the screen, the lower z number is at the 'back' and the higher z number is in 'front'.

mazda_3, the files we are working on are contained within a zip file. On the nav unit, once you're in "testmode" aka Windows, launch explorer then go to My Flash Drive\APL2\iGo and you'll see the file in there, "data.zip". Most of the stuff we are doing, is in that file. Copy that out of the nav unit onto your SD card then you can work on it, on your computer. Or if you prefer, somewhere around page 3 or 4 of this thread, I have linked to a data.zip that you can download - it has the "blue boxes" removed already, but is otherwise untouched.

Inside data.zip the files we are working with are in data.zip\ui_pioneer\800_480\ui and data.zip\ui_pioneer\common\ui

If you want to change the clock colour and font, the exact file to change is data.zip\ui_pioneer\800_480\ui\navigatemap_800_480.ui

Actually, I'll attach my navigatemap_800_480.ui file so people can have a look at it - please please don't just throw it in your data.zip as-is or you will probably be unhappy with the results. I've added a bunch of comments to it, and I have commented out things I don't want, and hidden a lot of stuff. Everything I'm doing on my map screen is in the very first section at the top of the file. Everything else below that I have hidden, suppressed, or never figured out what it did in the first place. You should be able to see though how I've done things such as the speed in the corner, the static text, etc.

Thanks to you and lemonhead i have successfully moded the data file to work the way you described. Took me 3 attempts though still unsure of where i went wrong exactly haha

thanks guys

In other news, the two script tags I found for muting the audio, do not work. They're referenced in the binary but when I try calling them from the UI it just returns a script error that it cannot find the references.

Yeah, i tried them during lunch and they throw the same error. Oh well.

I wonder if I can find some more info by looking into how the phone mutes the audio.

Not giving up on this, I really want to find a way to do this!

Doc

Finally going to be going on vacation so I can get all caught up on the great hacking everybody has been doing. A question off topic tho...has anyone found out how to change the brown night background to black yet? When I get closer to my job that ugly brown changes to black and it looks so much nicer. The funny thing is I hate it so much I normally keep the bright day map on at night. LOL, I'm going to go blind :shock:.