AVIC411.com

Progress: Blue Boxes and Contacts

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the file isn't there, then having someone else do a sync to initialize it should be fine. The ???? was for a bunch of crazy hex characters that are in the file name. Or I could provide the SQLite dump for an empty database, if you like? Then you could plug in your own values and go from there. The crazy hex characters should be the same as those for the recently-calls database file.

Caveat - I don't really know how to use SQLite, I just downloaded it and fumbled my way through this 2 hours ago... I can provide the empty dump file but not really much in the way of detailed instructions on what to do next.

Do you know where I can download SQlite to edit the phonebook?

Can i have your Data.zip File Please :)

So I've finally got my nav running almost the way I want. I've got the boxes coming and going when I'm not navigating. I've made the clock easier to read. I added the route kill button. The last thing I want is to have the box in the lower left with 3 piece of nav info come and go when I'm navigating. I've almost got it working but I can't get something figured out. I've gotten the pictures showing for the info I want. I am able to have it show the distance to destination and current speed but I can't figure out the proper variable to use to show either time remaining to destination or ETA to destination. Anyone have any insight?

Me too please

To everyone that wants a copy of my data.zip, I will post it once I have figured out the right variable to use to get time remaining or eta to work. I have manually set it to use specific data types instead of the ones set by the nav because everytime I try to use the ones from the nav they don't go away when not navigating :(

Time remaining:

navigation.time_to_destination

ETA:

navigation.eta_at_destination

You can find all the variables used in the three info lines, by looking in data.zip\ui_pioneer\common\ui\navigatemap.ui around line 978.

Kool sounds good so this Data.zip file when you post it can you post the Mods that was done to it? i guess they should make a Sticky Thread of of Modded Data.zip files with everyone who modded out there files with different styles, fonts, etc.. :)

Can i have your Data.zip File Please :)

So I've finally got my nav running almost the way I want. I've got the boxes coming and going when I'm not navigating. I've made the clock easier to read. I added the route kill button. The last thing I want is to have the box in the lower left with 3 piece of nav info come and go when I'm navigating. I've almost got it working but I can't get something figured out. I've gotten the pictures showing for the info I want. I am able to have it show the distance to destination and current speed but I can't figure out the proper variable to use to show either time remaining to destination or ETA to destination. Anyone have any insight?

Me too please

To everyone that wants a copy of my data.zip, I will post it once I have figured out the right variable to use to get time remaining or eta to work. I have manually set it to use specific data types instead of the ones set by the nav because everytime I try to use the ones from the nav they don't go away when not navigating :(

i guess they should make a Sticky Thread of of Modded Data.zip files with everyone who modded out there files with different styles, fonts, etc.. :)

This was my intention when I made the Custom Skins thread. Get a bunch of different styles and ideas and other members can post theirs/ask other members for certain .bmps they made and so on. I was actually going to create an official one in a few weeks, let more members mod theirs so we'd have a lengthy list :D It would work exactly like the Custom Backgrounds Gallery with requests and stuff. at least I hope so :roll:

Time remaining:

navigation.time_to_destination

ETA:

navigation.eta_at_destination

You can find all the variables used in the three info lines, by looking in data.zip\ui_pioneer\common\ui\navigatemap.ui around line 978.

I've tried both of those and they don't seem to work... I just get nothing there. I tried adding text_full at the end to see if that would work and it didn't either :( There must be something simple I am missing. Has anyone else tried to do this at all with or without success?

I've tried both of those and they don't seem to work... I just get nothing there. I tried adding text_full at the end to see if that would work and it didn't either :( There must be something simple I am missing. Has anyone else tried to do this at all with or without success?

The clock has this in it: formatmodel="local.short_timeformat" so you could try adding that into the element?

Edited to add: Change the textmodel_wstr bit into textmodel_time, that should fix it.

Edited again: textmodel_time is for the ETA I think and textmodel_timespan is for the time remaining / countdown, I think.

Yes. It's just a matter of finding the script for the mute button and making it work with an added button on the map.

So, has anyone found this script? I'm looking and I can't seem to find one that relates to Mute.

Unfortunately it's not just as simple as finding that script. If you think of the F-Series as a book, all of the installed software components are different chapters. So far, our ability to customize is pretty much limited to the navigation chapter (with the exception of the images used in various places throughout the rest of the UI).

The hard keys (volume, track forward/back, menu, map, etc.) are not controlled within the navigation system, so there may not be a "shortcut" that can be called to mute the system.