AVIC411.com

Progress: Blue Boxes and Contacts

Finally going to be going on vacation so I can get all caught up on the great hacking everybody has been doing. A question off topic tho...has anyone found out how to change the brown night background to black yet? When I get closer to my job that ugly brown changes to black and it looks so much nicer. The funny thing is I hate it so much I normally keep the bright day map on at night. LOL, I'm going to go blind :shock:.

You can edit the night scheme file... I have edited mine to make all the night background colours darker (and changed brown to black!). Among some other things.

It is in \My Flash Drive\APL2\iGo\Content\Scheme

There is a blue night zip file and a red night zip file. Inside, the various colours are in RGB and it's fairly well documented.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 2d car images are in data.zip\ui_pioneer\common and are called daycar.bmp and nightcar.bmp

Just replace those two files with whatever BMP files you want to use, or edit them and change the colours.

Also -- how do you get such crisp photos of the dark maps? Mine come out grainy when I take pics of the night maps...

The night files use the nightcarghost.bmp for the guidance arrow, so if you've changed your nightcarghost.bmp that will impact the arrow.

I created a nightguidancearrow.bmp (I just copied the dayguidancearrow.bmp and spr then made the bmp file lighter so it'd show up better) then edited the colour scheme to change it to look for the nightguidancearrow instead of nightcarghost.

Hi Stephanie, I decided to go the smarter route and just go with your Sci FI theme as has all the customizations I wanted (Sattelite Signal Strength icon is perfect) besdes a few things I would like to go back to original if I can (keep the Sci Fi, but without the Raptors I guess)

SDC10035-1.jpg

SDC10034.jpg

1. The Circles in red are what I would like to change. I kept the original sys.txt thinking the raptor wouldn't show, as I would like to just have the arrow. Don't know how to get the arrow back in 2d mode.

2. I wanted to put back original 3d\ Map confirmation Icons as well as the custom Delete Route icon (red button) you did.

3. And just want to get rid of the bar on top.

I am so close, I'll be done after figuring these last steps out. I am humble for any help you can give.

On another note I retook all the pics you did here on your Sci theme before I changed anything.

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 339#117339

If you can PM me a email address I'll be happy to send them

1. The Circles in red are what I would like to change. I kept the original sys.txt thinking the raptor wouldn't show, as I would like to just have the arrow. Don't know how to get the arrow back in 2d mode.

2. I wanted to put back original 3d\ Map confirmation Icons as well as the custom Delete Route icon (red button) you did.

3. And just want to get rid of the bar on top.

Hi Jascias, some things I can help with quickly -

In data.zip\ui_pioneer\800_480\ui\navigatemap_800_480.ui:

1) Delete or comment out the line with the "tag_shadow.bmp" in it

2) Delete or comment out the line with the "daycar3d.bmp" in it

3) Delete or comment out the line with the "nightcar3d.bmp" in it

4) Find the line with the id btnNMB_NAV2D and change the bmp file from my button to 746_32K_OM-011_32b.bmp#2

5) Find the line with the id btnNMB_NAV3D and change the bmp file from my button to 746_32K_OM-012_32b.bmp#2

6) Find the line with the bmp file steph_button1 and change that bmp to 746_32K_OM-013_32b.bmp#2

7) Find the line with the bmp file steph_button4 and change that bmp to 746_32K_OM-018_32b.bmp#2

In data.zip\ui_pioneer\common\ui\navigatemap.ui:

1) Search the file for all references to stephDayCar3d and delete or comment those lines.

2) Search the file for all references to stephNightCar3d and delete or comment those lines.

In data.zip\ui_pioneer\800_480\ui\scripts_800_480.ui:

1) Search the file for all references to stephDayCar3d and delete or comment those lines.

2) Search the file for all references to stephNightCar3d and delete or comment those lines.

Bonus: Unzip the attached file and drop the two bmp's into the specified direcory and it will fix the compass so it looks ok in day mode - I've fixed the alpha mask so it won't be a black bar.

And after all this - I'm all typed out! :)

compass_bmps.zip

Thank you Stephanie :D . That last bit of info solved everything, and I have been non stop working on getting everything just right. I believe I found a glitch on the Sci Fie theme, on the compass. Here are the pics.

SDC10033-1.jpg

SDC10035-2.jpg

As soon as I start driving it starts doing this. Its turning ok, but its ghosting. Have tried it in 2d and 3d, as well as night and day, but still the same.

As soon as I start driving it starts doing this. Its turning ok, but its ghosting. Have tried it in 2d and 3d, as well as night and day, but still the same.

Hmm I haven't had that problem. I'll play around with it a bit tomorrow and see what happens.

Thanks Stephanie, hopefully its just something small. Well here is the progress I have made so far with all of your help.

SDC10037.jpg

SDC10036-1.jpg

SDC10038.jpg

SDC10047.jpg

SDC10043.jpg

SDC10045.jpg

SDC10032.jpg

I can't think of anything else to fix right now except the Compass problem. If it can't be fixed, any idea what else can go there?

Well I'm pretty tired so I'm going to get some sleep. Again Stephanie I can't thank you enough for all your help, if you lived in my city I would gladly had took you out for dinner. (And your Cat too!)

:wink: