AVIC411.com

POIS Speed Cameras

Hi!! First at all excuseme for my english.

that's my first post at the forum, congratulations for the work.

I've AVIC-HD1BT that is the european model of AVIC Z1, and
previously i had the AVIC X1/R, when I had the X1R i can load
POI's of Speed Cameras from a CDROM (folder POINTS) and it was saved at the AVIC (300 max). Now I've mounted HD1BT with CD-IB100 for Ipod and DVB-T from Pioneer also, but now I'm looking the way for saving poi's for HD1BT or Z1.

Anyone can help me? thanks
[quote name="ducatiboy"]I think he wants them loaded so they are there all the time, not just on one trip. Icons on the map that just show up like gas stations and what not.

But I don't think the Z1 has this ability (at least not in the US).[/quote]

I think crazy means set them as address book locations. If you do this they will stay permanent and always be on your map. I haven't played around with it but it sounds like if you set a sound it will make a sound when you are nearing one? Either way they will always be on your overhead map.
Yeah but you could never load them all into the Address Book, and it would have to be manual. Most purpose-built GPS's have the ability to load customer POIs (my Garmin did). Many services sell a database of the camera locations in the correct format for the mainstream GPS's for this reason. You buy an annual subscription and they keep updating the database.
You can buy the Speed Camera POI update from TeleAtlas, it is not supplied by Pioneer. Obviously I have never used this, so I don't know how accurate or even how it works, but it says it is for the AVIC-HD1BT.

Linky:
[url=http://www.navshop.com/en/category/clarion-in-car-navigation-maps-software-pioneer-avic-hd1bt/69/0/0]http://www.navshop.com/en/category/clar ... 1bt/69/0/0[/url]