AVIC411.com

SD Memory Card Slot

I found the information in the manual incomplete vs the plethora of options available and spent about 30mins on the phone with Pioneer to get the maximum class information.

Here's what you need to know:

Compatible physical format - Version 2.00

Max capacity memory - 8GB

File system - FAT16, FAT32

*NOT IN MANUAL*

Maximum Class 4: 4 MB/sec minimum data transfer rate

Hope this helps...

I'm using a Class 6 SDHC card in mine, although it doesn't seem too fast. I expect that although you *can* use a Class 6 card, what you're saying is that the maximum speed of the nav unit is only a Class 4?

this is the info that is in the manual and what I got from Pioneer today... They told me class 4 was the highest it could go.

Good to know that I can go higher than the 8GB mark, not so good to hear that the ppl answering the phones at Pioneer Canada dnt know what they are talking about.

I'm buying a card to run divx video off of (3-6 minute files)... anyone have experience with this? Just as good as the DVD?

this is the info that is in the manual and what I got from Pioneer today... They told me class 4 was the highest it could go.

Good to know that I can go higher than the 8GB mark, not so good to hear that the ppl answering the phones at Pioneer Canada dnt know what they are talking about.

I'm buying a card to run divx video off of (3-6 minute files)... anyone have experience with this? Just as good as the DVD?

I played around with full length movies. Doesnt work too bad, but it would be much better for short clips. The ipod video was a better solution but still the best video quality comes from DVD.