AVIC411.com

Back up camera Q..how to split screen and nav?

My excursion currently in 50 different pieces as the local shop is installing some goodies (avicz1, sirius, tv tuner, bluetooth, ipod, cd changer, back up camera, factory steering wheel control mod, etc) They have the pbrake bypassed and the rear camera works in reverse. How do you connect it so the rear camera and nav screen are on at the same time? They said a simple relay should solve this..but I thought I saw in a pioneer catalog a screenshot of this..u know the one with the 2jet skis in tow?

I took a peek of the setup today it sounds a ton better (b4 i had big 5ch amp, jl stealhbox, jl door speakers all around with factory headunit) They put the 6 disc changer + ipod in the glove box..all seems on the right track...hopefully tomorrow should be ready. Cannt wait to tailgate this weekend in Auburn with a new toy for music.

ps here is a pick of my truck..install pics to follow..
[quote name="k9dpd"]i tried that but the screen is blank, any ideas, works fine in reverse[/quote]

Ususally that means that who ever hooked up the camera powered the camera off the reverse lights not the 12V switched line. Normally for a reverse camera it's ok, cause when the reverse lights go on, that powers the camera, but if you want the camera to work while you are driving forward you need to hook the camera power to the 12v switched line. When moving forward, the reverse lights are not on and then no power to the camera, so the image is blank. The camera needs to be powered whenever the car is running.
  • 2 weeks later...