AVIC411.com

Navigation disk upgrade?

I just purchased the avic d3 about 3 weeks ago. It's in mint condition! Everything works great but I haven't really used the navigation so I decided to test it out by going to "my home" I made sure that my starting point was correct. About 4 miles down the road, it started showing that I wasn't even driving on the road? It was telling me to turn to streets that werent even there. Some of the streets it told me to turn to did not have the same name. When i finally got home, it said i was about 2 miles off from my actual location. When I tried to modify my location again, i actually found the right street except my house on the navi was supposedly on the beginning of the street when my house is really towards the end.

Is it possible that I need the Navigation disk upgrade?

1 - there is no upgrade disk yet. You can go to pioneer's website and go to the navigation section and click on the upgrades disk link. The disk is CURRENTLY due out in September, but the date keeps changing, so I wouldn't get too excited.

2 - Make sure your GPS antenna is getting a good signal, that the connector for the GPS antenna is firmly plugged into the unit, and that there is no metal over top of the antenna anywhere.

3 - Is the VSS/speed sensor wire connected? If not, hook that up because it can help with the GPS accuracy as well.

1 - there is no upgrade disk yet. You can go to pioneer's website and go to the navigation section and click on the upgrades disk link. The disk is CURRENTLY due out in September, but the date keeps changing, so I wouldn't get too excited.

2 - Make sure your GPS antenna is getting a good signal, that the connector for the GPS antenna is firmly plugged into the unit, and that there is no metal over top of the antenna anywhere.

3 - Is the VSS/speed sensor wire connected? If not, hook that up because it can help with the GPS accuracy as well.

oh i thought the one on the website was the upgrade... lol and my antenna is on top of my dash on the front left corner... and yes it is connected. so *shrugs*

if you bought this unit used you have to clear learned info from the other car

it's under menu,settings,hardware info select distance and clear do the same for speed pulse and 3D calibration so the D3 will relearn all thise and your good to go.

if you bought this unit used you have to clear learned info from the other car

it's under menu,settings,hardware info select distance and clear do the same for speed pulse and 3D calibration so the D3 will relearn all thise and your good to go.

uhm i already did that way before u even mentioned :roll:

• 2 weeks later...