AVIC411.com

Ok I just got my second Z1 today!!! This is a good story

I ordered a z1 about 4 months ago. When i got it, it was all scratched up and looked like it was used as a soccer ball. I ordered it from ebay. Of course all i got from the seller was sorry it wasn't like that when i shipped it. So i decided to call pioneer just to see what they would do. To my shock they said to send it to them and they would send me a new one. So i did. And i waited, and waited, and waited, Finally about 2 weeks ago i get a check for $2300. Its from pioneer. They said they lost my unit while it was in for repairs so they gave me a refund. I would have been very happy with just a brand new unit. So i payed $1750 on ebay, got $2300 back. So im pretty happy. So on August 29th i call up dbuys.com and order the z1 and the blue tooth adapter. It cam today August 31. Thats amazing 48 hours after i ordered it they were in my hands. Their price was pretty good too. And now there is the new bypass. I was all set to order ducatiboys bypass but i wanted to wait until i had the unit to check the date. This couldnt have turned out better. I started the install today but it was getting dark and i dont have a garage. So tomorrow ill finish up... It just makes me want to take a road trip now to test it out. Hey.. Labor day is just around the corner... :D
Thanks to all the folks on here who make this a great spot, maybe my favorite spot on the web.
Now if anyone can tell me where the vss wire is on my 04 silverado id be truley grateful :)
Behind the cluster - removed with 4 screws once dash trim is pulled off, The VSS wire is dark green/white, pin A4 in the harness. Just tap into it there.

Seems everything from 2004 up for GMC and Chevy is all the same for VSS.

see this thread:

[url=http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=891&highlight=sierra+vss]http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic. ... sierra+vss[/url]
Ok i am all hooked up and installed. Everything is great. Everything works fine. I have the july 06 model so i grounded the extra wire and now i can use all the nav functions while driving. I just cant seem to get the illumination wire right. I have an 04 chevy silverado and that seems to be a common issue. My wire conversion kit, the one to keep the warning chimes has two ill wires. One is labled ill, and one is dimmer ill. I have tried both and even both together, lol, i was desperate. Still no luck for me. I need to search the forums better. Im sure someone has figured this out. Also is there a way to manually go into night mode? Last night that bright screen nearly blinded me. lol