AVIC411.com

Bypass problem

In a normal bypass, am I correct in saying that this parking brake wire would just ground to the ground wire along with the mute wire in the open hole.

I mean I really don't know what I should do now. The "mute" wire is now in the new hole and spliced to the parking brake. I have no idea which is the ground wire, nor do I know where it goes.

Then you either put it in the wrong slot or its not properly secured.. the new location is one of the end slots on connector 2 I believe

That first picture that I posted with the diagram that someone else posted in a how-to, is where I plugged it in. It made sold contact and "clicked" in there and won't come out with ease. The splice is directly into the parking brake line which I said in the post above goes somewhere I don't know. If it's to ground then I don't know where ground is.

I feel like the shop made things more complicated than they had to be and now I don't know what to do.

No problem, man. I'm just tyring to get on the same page as you so that there's no confusion.

Lemme just ask you..how many harnesses did your D2 come with (not including the wiring harness to connect to the vehicle)..It should be 1 Main harness which is the big black one, then 2 small white connector harnesses, one with all the RCA's and one more with other wires. Because that first picture you posted in the actual thread is the MAIN harness and that slot is not where you put the mute wire.

No problem, man. I'm just tyring to get on the same page as you so that there's no confusion.

Lemme just ask you..how many harnesses did your D2 come with (not including the wiring harness to connect to the vehicle)..It should be 1 Main harness which is the big black one, then 2 small white connector harnesses, one with all the RCA's and one more with other wires. Because that first picture you posted in the actual thread is the MAIN harness and that slot is not where you put the mute wire.

Hey, man. Thanks again. I haven't responded in a while because I went on a trip to go white water rafting. Got knocked out of the boat. Almost died. Good times.

Anyway, that first picture is what screwed me then. It says specifically to put the wire there and ground, so that is what I did.

Which harness do I plug the mute wire into? Will I know? I'm guessing it's white and not black, right? Will it be the only one with one missing plug?

Okay, I took a look at the back of the unit. The second connector (the A/V connector) is smaller and white. The wires are much closer together and taped up. The only two open plugs are on the left side (looking from the POV of the wires) second from the left and they are both open (top and bottom).

The original location of the mute wire (labeled "cellular mute") comes from the main harness. The hole on the right side of the harness that I plugged the spare wire into and grounded to the parking brake wire is in the main harness. I did this per the first picture. Is that first picture incorrect?. Isn't it for the D2? I mean that's what my harness looks like, not so much the one from the picture you posted since yours the mute wire comes from the second harness, not the main/black one.

Just an update for everyone and especially for Catchme.

My car has two harnesses. One is the main one with everything. The other is simply A/V and the only hookup I have in that harness is for my iPod.

Anyway, I had moved the spare wire to the open whole and spliced it to the parking brake line which was grounded. This did not work.

So, instead, I cut the wire before the splice and connected it to a ground plug and actually grounded it to the car myself directly bolted to a piece of metal.

This finally fixed my problem and the bypass works now.