AVIC411.com

HOW TO: Replace Red Arrow With Car Image

Hey N-S-E-W,

Here's a bmp of your ribbon with the background removed.

Let me know if this is what you're looking for, or if there's anything else that needs to be changed.

http://geckoth.com/dump/car/ribbon1.bmp

geckoth - thank you very, very much. I just finished installing it. I just needed to darken the pink a little. You don't know how how surprised I was to come home from work and see this message. I wasn't even going to mess with tonight, but I just had to get this in the unit.

Welcome to forum - awesome first post to be able to come in help a fellow member. Thanks again.

P.S. I do have a couple more things I wouldn't mind getting fixed up, but the ribbon was the most important of them all.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad I could be of help!

Go ahead and let me know how else I can help ya. I just bought an F90BT the other day online, and have been scouring this site - gaining plenty of knowledge about it in the process. I know I'll be using making use of a lot of the mods here, and will probably be asking plenty more questions, so I figure I might as well start pitching in with things that I'm already familiar with - Photoshop being one of 'em.

Here's a darker version of your ribbon:

http://geckoth.com/dump/car/ribbon1-dark.bmp

Also, for the hell of it, I found a different looking ribbon as an option for you:

http://geckoth.com/dump/car/ribbon2-lrg.bmp

And here's that ribbon resized so it's as small as your original one:

http://geckoth.com/dump/car/ribbon2-sml.bmp

Here you go, sacking:

http://geckoth.com/dump/car/avic/WhiteSubieBkg.bmp

This might look weird though since your car icon will always be pointing sideways, hehe

-GeckoTH

Thanks man it looks great...and soo fast. Any chance you could angle it (swing the back end towards the right) to make it look like its going down the road straight?

or.... Could you add the tail light glow from the first iamge to this image?

untitled_2_200.png

Thanks again!!!!

LOL, if I were to rotate your first image, I think you'd be worse off

(as shown in the 2nd image) Though if you can drive down the street like that, then I say go for it! :wink:

I tried to "turn-on" the brake lights in your other image, but I'm at work, and had to do a shitty rush job, lol. Lemme know if that works for you (it'll probably look a bit better when it's shrunken down to icon size).

post-27918-1287275687293_thumb.png

post-27918-12872756875257_thumb.png

LOL, if I were to rotate your first image, I think you'd be worse off

(as shown in the 2nd image) Though if you can drive down the street like that, then I say go for it! :wink:

I tried to "turn-on" the brake lights in your other image, but I'm at work, and had to do a shitty rush job, lol. Lemme know if that works for you (it'll probably look a bit better when it's shrunken down to icon size).

Your right. Thanks again for all your efforts. I actually like how your first one looks (doesn't look too sideways) but the image looks sort of faded or transparent. Any way to fix that?

Thanks

Has anyone edited their sys.txt to change the size of the 3D arrow in 3D mode? If so what did you set it to. I was goingto attempt to add a car but apparently i do not have the software on my computer to edit the files. Im a bitof a newb, been reading this forum since i got my F700 and love it, it is a great source of info and i really appreciate what peole have done and the wealth of info. I would really love to make my 3d Arrow smaller (about the size of the 2D arrow) or close to it. I would appreciate any help.

Has anyone edited their sys.txt to change the size of the 3D arrow in 3D mode? If so what did you set it to. I was goingto attempt to add a car but apparently i do not have the software on my computer to edit the files. Im a bitof a newb, been reading this forum since i got my F700 and love it, it is a great source of info and i really appreciate what peole have done and the wealth of info. I would really love to make my 3d Arrow smaller (about the size of the 2D arrow) or close to it. I would appreciate any help.

I've started by halving my 3D arrow size. You really need to play with it to get to the point where you like it...