AVIC411.com

Possible Fix For North Up in 2D Mode?

I thought I would start this topic as a means of discussing the fact that north is always facing up in 2D mode. Besides the persistent boxes (fixed) and the long boot time, I think this is the next biggest complaint about the navigation section.

Today, I was playing around with the zoom in 3D mode and realized that if you bring up the pan & scan controls, you can "tilt" the display so you're looking straight down. That effectively makes it a 2D view, but the map continues to track with the direction of travel. The only issue is that it reverts back to the default view as soon as you press the map button, but I think there's a way around that using pioneer.ini.

I'll post more information as I have it.

if you take the ezrider.exe file and load it up into notepad (yes but dont edit ANYTHING). YOu can scan through it and find the options for the strings for the pioneer.ini file... one of them is north_lock

when you look into this the ones that are not double spaced are the ones that are already off, the ones that are readable ie the one we are trying to change is turned on (north_lock != n o r t h _ l o c k) see what i am saying....

• 2 weeks later...
Can the tilt angle be "locked" in one place through the config files? I tried that, but was unsuccessful (although I may have been using the wrong variable).

In pioneer_ini there is this section:

[map]

3d_max_tiltlevel=6800

I believe 3d_min_tiltlevel is also a valid variable.

The problem will be determining which way to change the value...

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...