AVIC411.com

Going rate for Z1?

I apologize in advance for the newb question, but there seems to be a pretty bizarre range of prices for "new" Z1 units on eBay and anywhere else I see them.

Short of trying a refurb unit, what does the board think market price on a new/open box Z1 should be?

Thanks

A "NEW" Z1 may be difficult to find since it is 2 generations old now with the Z2 and Z3 out. If you have to have 'NEW', you will get a better selection of vendors if you look for a Z2. Lots of new Z2's on ebay for less than $900. I picked up a used Z2 on ebay the other day for less than $700 from a local guy and it was in excellent condition.

Thanks for the info on the Z2.. I'm not opposed to getting a good condition used unit, but I really don't want to sift through some high school gangster's chop job wiring harness to do my install... I'm sure you can relate :roll:

Might be worth going with a nice used unit and just drop an extra $50 bucks for a new harness...

My Z2 was $560 shipped from eBay in pristine condition back in June, but yeah, the harness had some leftover crimp connectors and wire nuts. The wires ended up being shorter than a new harness, but it was no big deal. Fortunately, it was easy to clean up and solder/heatshrink onto a factory harness adapter. I honestly didn't mind the wire harness being shorter, it meant less cramming into the dash.

I don't think I would pay more than $750-800 for a NOS unit, especially considering the Z-series is nearly 3-year old technology with a painfully slow iPod interface.