AVIC411.com

Custom Skin for VC Menu

As I was looking through the Flash Disk today, I came across a folder titled "SKIN", and inside contained all the .bmp images to the Voice Command menu...of course, I couldn't resist...

If you don't know already, I based the skin on the Umbrella Corporation from Resident Evil (Game and Movie) Everything still works as it should

VC.jpg

I got rid of the Voice Volume text and put in Umbrella's famous quote, made the rail red, and changed the slider to a biohazard symbol

BUSINESS.jpg

I took out that annoying blue Pac-Man and put in the Red Queen from the first Resident Evil Movie. It's as if she's talking with the TTS. and if you look closely, you'll notice i rotated the plates around the Red queen to be vertical rather than diagonal, and made them Red and White to symbolize the Umbrella Logo. Also they now progress clockwise.

REDQUEEN.jpg

And best of all...I did this all with MS Paint lol. If anyone is interested I'll make a HOW TO page to go along with Skicrave's tutorials.

PS: I'm an awesome photographer :lol:

sweeet.jpg

This was the very first thing I thought about doing... It's just editing some BMP files, piece of cake! But then I remembered how little i use the voice commands and decided it wasn't worth the time.

But yeah, the Umbrella Corp. theme gave me a good laugh.

You got it, tomorrow during work when I have time I will do it..

It appears that most do their 'work' while they are at work... HA!

BTW- I'm at work now...

Lol well works been a little slow so I have time to write it out...which I know I haven't yet, because I'm trying to find all the info....IE yesterday I just found the pieces to the little menu that comes up and I want to find the script to erase the text

Indy if you wanna take a stab at the mini menu its in APL/image.res, use 7zip to extract it, and inside that folder it's under either AV or main, I forget at the moment.

anyone know if there's a possibility to add a soft "sticky" button as a shortcut for the voice prompt? kindda similar to the abort route that Stephanie created?that would b awesome, i find it quite hard to deal with that big dial...

of course there is, its just a matter of find the script for it and copying it to a button

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...