AVIC411.com

The Mini boot up by pass

okay I am sure this has been figured out I just have not seen it.

Very simple all I did is take the Red and yellow wire coming out from the back of the radio and twist them together. Now all you do is take the yellow wire coming from the car harness "12v content""and wire it to the red and yellow u just twisted together bit with a switch in between

harness Car "12v Content"'

___ _________

l o l____red_____ __\___ _____l___l \_l______/

l o l [ Switch]-----Yellow--------{ l - l Ll

l_o_l-----Yellow---- ----{ }--------------{ }---l

now when u have to leave the car for a second up dont want to have to shutdown the radio all the way "like if ur just going to walk over the pay the guy for gas u can just shut off the screen of the radio and when u get back in the car turn it on and ur ready to go to long load time. just every time u know ur going to be out of the car for a while remeber to shut it off.

Any way maybe u like this idea maybe not just putting it out there

I will take some pics and a vid of mine an post it i can explae this to well in text.

this has been discussed before; the problem is that most vehicles suck up all available battery when cranking, thus the unit goes for a reboot anyway

My 03 Chevy Duramax keeps the radio on while cranking. Might be because there are two batteries under the hood though. :D

Gonna look into something like this soon. Leaving my keys in the truck in acc mode is just too risky at times!

Yep. It's been mentioned a dozen times. Some cars it will work on because the radio doesn't shut down when you crank the starter. Some cars it won't work on because it shuts down the power when you crank the starter.

Also, don't forget about accidentally leaving the radio on overnight and killing your battery. Been there before with a setup like this. Not cool.

When I saw the cooling fan, I thought "How hot can this thing get?"

Well, I know I'd leave it on 'just for a minute', get side tracked, and end up melting the thing if the battery didn't go dead first.

I wouldn't leave it running with the windows up in the summer. Wouldn't leave it PERIOD with the windows down.

But that's just me...

U can always hook it upto a light timer switch /... get em with like 1 hr timer or whatever..

just if ur gunna be in the car longer than just turn sometime before u get to wherever u go....

this way if u do leave it on, it will automatically shut off after whatever amount of time...

and u can add a switch too it to to turn the constant power on and off if u want more control

and im sure there should be some kind of smaller timer type switch like that so u can mount it in the car and it wont look so odd....

• 2 weeks later...