AVIC411.com

External Microphone Not Working???

So I have the F90BT hooked up and am attempting to make a bluetooth call via my Blackberry Curve. I am able to pair the Blackberry and make the call but the person on the other end cannot hear me. I thought possibly a BT issue with BB Curve . . . However . . .

When I attempt to use the voice features, the little devil lady does not appear to hear me either. I double checked the external mic connection and it is plugged in, but does not appear to be receiving audio. The mic is mounted about 10 inches in front of my head on the visor.

Is there any way to test the external mic through the head unit??? I looked through the manual and the forums but did not see any such feature. Also, I assume the internal mic is disabled if an external unit is connected?

Thanks in advance!

The unit looks great in my recently dremelled 2003 F250 Dash!!

post-10289-12872755246501_thumb.jpg

post-10289-12872755259166_thumb.jpg

post-10289-12872755262899_thumb.jpg

Haha

Down guys . . . its clean now! That was during the trial run to make sure the h/u powered on and was functional.

I pulled the dash off and checked (for the second time) that the mic is in the correct plug, and it is. The wired remote input is closer towards the bottom of the head unit. The microphone input is ridiculously close to the bus input.

Its in the right input . . .

No way to test it?