AVIC411.com

Updating Z1 to Z3 w/ new maps & Freezing Issues Question

Sorry for my noobness I have read regards the freezing issue a few months ago when Pioneer release the new update, I was searching on the forum and I forgot where the information regards the issue. I have download the update before and it is stored on my computer, but I have not updated it yet. The question is that will the update mess up my bypass, I know this have been covered so many times already and you guys are probably annoyed by multiple threads of this.

My second question is how do I update my map and everything else to a Z3. Is it from my understanding that the map only updates the navi, but the function will be the same as the Z1. To be exactly as the Z3 I would need the software in my HDD correct? Not only that I have been looking for the 2008 maps, but I do not see it on Pioneer site. I need to update my navi, if anyone has any information please let me know or if you already have it and can share it with me for a cost that would be nice.

PS: I log on occasionally to see any new updates sorry if these have been answered already, but please help me so I can proceed further on my Z1.

Thanks AVIC411 Members!

1) Update released by pioneer that will fix the freezing issue will not affect the bypass.

2) To update your Z1 ---> Z3, you have 2 options

A) Buy the CNDV-800HD 2008 Update DVD Disc from Pioneer. Its $120 and will turn your Z1 to a Z3 with 2008 teleatlas maps and some changes to the interface as well. This method is great if you have tons of music on your HDD that you don't want to replace or if you don't want to touch your harddrive. This method takes 3 hours for the update but you don't have to worry about touching your harddrive and any potential issues that might arise from removing your OEM drive.

B) Second method is consulting our forum member Garrettoomey, you can purchase a pre-loaded HDD that has the Z3 data on it and will turn your Z1 to a Z3.

If you are comfortable with tweaking with your unit and taking out your harddrive, this method great. Its faster and cheaper.

Basically from option A and B, you basically get identically the same update right. The only difference from A and B is that if you are getting B it is cheaper and faster but you get all the same update. But man 2-3hrs that is nuts. LoL

Is it hard to remove the HDD? Is it just taking out screws and pulling out the HDD and slapping the new one in and screw it back? Sorry never really look into removing it so I wouldnt know.

Thanks for the reply, if you can reply to this post I will take actions on getting the update.

You will find the instructions to replacing the drive by clicking the link in my sig below.

Yea,

I check out your URL from the PM and it looks easy to do. I was thinking about taking your route or the CD route from Pioneer because I can share it with my bro so he can upgrade his Z2 map to the Z3 map, but I haven't decided what to do yet. Since you are going on vacation next week if anything I will PM you.

You and your brother will NOT be able to use the update DVD without buying it twice. You will need to get an installation authorization code that will be based on the serial number of your Z. Just an FYI...

Wow I did not know that. Thanks for the insider, I guess I will consider your direction then. :lol: