AVIC411.com

D2 and D3 harnesses interchangeable??

Hey, I just bought a AVIC D2 from ebay, but it didn't come with any harnesses.

Since I'm new to the whole AVIC line, what would i need?

I understand I need the power harness, RCA Harness, and GPS antenna.

Would a universal back up camera work? I'm pretty good with wiring, and i'm not bad at making custom wiring schematics, so I'm not a noob.

It's pretty hard to find a D2 harness, would a D3 harness work, since it's more readily available?

Also, what navigation DVDs am I looking for? Obviously not the D3 ones, but which are interchangable with the D2?

Thanks in advance,

-Freddy

No, the D2 harnesses are not compatible with the D3 harnesses. The harness for the D1 is the same as the harness for the D2 if that helps any. You'll need to get them from Pioneer, or maybe you can find one on ebay. The GPS antenna from any D, N, or Z series unit will work with the D2.

The part number of the disks you need is CNDV-70MTP. Those are the 2007 disks, though. This year's disks part number is CNDV-80MT, although those haven't been released for individual sale yet, as of right now you can only find them packaged with new AVIC-N5 nav units.

Any backup camera with an RCA cable output will work just fine.

You can just splice on an extension of wire on the speed sensor wire. But for the reverse wire, I'm not sure. The one that comes with the unit has a resistor on the wire. Or possibly a fuse, I can't remember.

what i'm saying is I physically don't have the wires/harnesses for the speed sensor, or reverse signal wires. Could i use a spade connector to connect them to the unit itself? I dont see a reason of paying full price for a regular wire. I have fuses, thats no issue to install, either.

thanks,

-Freddy

The harnesses already have a small lead for both the speed sensor and reverse signal wires. Yes, you can attach a length of wire to them. But it would be better to solder them together or use a crimp-on butt connector rather than a spade connector.

The harnesses already have a small lead for both the speed sensor and reverse signal wires. Yes, you can attach a length of wire to them. But it would be better to solder them together or use a crimp-on butt connector rather than a spade connector.

I was under the impression the speed sensor and reverse signal cables were seperate harnesses.

It's all in one harness? If it is, it's good news, as it's less things I have to buy.