AVIC411.com

Brazil Maps

Hi there,

I overlooker the forum and I didn't find any posts about changing the maps in a F90bt Unit.

I live in Brazil and I want to change the maps to my country. Does anyone already did or know how to do it? What kind of maps this unit uses?

Tks in advance

GUGA

Also, you're most likely going to have to go into windows mode to overwrite the existing map files yourself. You'll probably also need all new POI data as well. The US version's POI's won't do you much good in Brazil.

I already did that in some TOMTOM models but never in a Windows CE envroiment. Any tips in how to go in windows mode? If I overwrite the Maps from the US with the Brazil ones the unit will recognize the maps o I need to do something else?

The POI's ani't a problem because a have a huge list in CSV that I can convert it to any format.

IGo8 is the software that pioneer is using?

Tks for your replies....

GUGA

The files you need as well as instructions for booting it to windows mode are in here:

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17542

As for what is required to swap the maps out, I have no idea. Could be as easy as replacing some files. but you have to consider that A LOT of the files on the unit are region dependent. Like the POI's, text to speech files, as well as (possibly, I don't know) the files that reference those files to make them run.

Nobody has ever tried to to this!?!?!!??!?!? Now I'm a little bit scared in doing this and bricking my unit.....

A spoke with Pioneer in Brazil and they are not planning on bringing this GPS because of the brazilian laws.....

Do you know what is the GPS software in the f90BT??? because is runs windows ce and maybe there a workaround like installing a different gps software or anything....

tks

GUGA

• 4 weeks later...

OK...So I managed to run Igo 2006 plus directly from the SD Card with the Brazilian Maps. It runs smooth the only thing that doesn't works is the sound, so I got back to win CE interface e tried to play any sound from the Win (Ex. Exclamation Sound), for my surprise it didn't play...Is there any change that I need to do in Win CE so it can output to my speakers?

2) I renamed the Igo PNA.EXE to EZRIDER.EXE so the unit can find it and load it when necessary, the fun about this is that it loads when the unit is in startup process, I was able to use ipod, FM, but the messagem os startup in progress was never dismissed. After a few minutes the unit resets itslef..Is ther any way to load IGO in the background?? looks like that this is what it does with the original software.

Tks for all the help, looks like we're close to run a different GPS system integrated with the Pioneer software.

GUGA