AVIC411.com

USA/Canada RedLight and Speedcam POI

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Does anyone know how to get custom images to be attached to POIs without using AVIC Feeds?

I have a good bit of POIs i use for my Garmin that i can convert using the online POI Editor to KML but they list more than 300 locations which will result in an error in AvicFeeds which means i wont be able to add icons to the file.

Also AF cuts my 679 csv location list to 300 but when i try to cut the first 300 out using excel to get a second set of 300 i get an error when trying to save as csv in excel.

I also keep my 2gb SD in f900 if that matters.

Does any1 know why that is? Is that something hackable for the US owners? I know there is plenty of us that would love this feature!

Has been hacked a few minutes ago. Will post in Progress Report thread once I have some other things working....

post-22070-12872755380947_thumb.jpg

post-22070-12872755382332_thumb.jpg

Disclaimer: Obey all laws, do not speed, do not run red lights.

Now the fun part. By the looks of HackZ' screen, he imported POIs with red light cameras. This is nice, but does not give you warnings or anything, as those are just another bunch of POIs.

Now, to enable real speed camera functionality, we need two things:

1. List of speed camera settings.

2. Code that enables them.

Code is easy: I've posted my scripts in this thread: http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17820

Getting cameras in: you need a specially formatted text file that has camera coordinates, type (fixed, mobile, speed limit, type, etc). I've had good luck getting the file from http://www.gps-data-team.com/poi/united_states/safety/

Make sure you download the file in iGO format.

Reading one of the INI files, you should be able to save the file on your storage card:

\Storage Card\poi\speedcam\

and that should work. I've just copied the file to the unit's memory in ...APL2\IGO\Content\SpeedCam directory. It is recommended to delete file already there.

Unit will think for some time and slowly convert the text file into an internal database format (.spdb and .spud for manual updates).

Now, the cameras should show on screen. If you use my script files, you can go to Warnings section of system settings and specify how you want to be notified of them. Default sound is rather weak, but apparently can be changed and nicely configured... Still working on that.

To add a new camera: Place a cursor on the map in the position where camera is at. Press Map Info button. Press Save As. There is a new option: Save as Camera. Select camera type, speed limit, and save.

Similarly, if you put the cursor on an existing cameras, the button changes to Edit Camera.

Have fun.

.UI Scripts overwrite the identically named ones in your DATA.ZIP (scripts you need for speedcams are listed in the other thread post)

If you can wait I will have an updated script set one out this evening probably with some cosmetic fixes.

In the speedcam folder you need to put a list of actual cameras. I haven't tried it off of a SD Card yet, although I think it should work. Copying them to internal flash works for sure...

Ok since we have to put into internal memory which may be better, from data-team do we just need red-light cam or the speed cam file also?

I'll wait for you cause when i read your other thread it mentioned other things in it like MSN and buiding visibility stuff which im not sure if they are necessary for us.