AVIC411.com

Which Unit for me?

Boy did you open a can of worms with that question :)

In any case, the only feature the 900 or 90 offers that fits in your limited interests is MSNDirect. If you can live without the gas prices, movie times, traffic updates (if you're in an MSN area) and such then the 700 is reasonably priced and (in my experience with it) has fantastic XM capability and bluetooth function.

The bluetooth bit is of course dependent on your phone model and if the F decides to play nice with that particular model. I personally took my phone into the shop and paired it with the demo unit there to test it out before I made my purchase. I would suggest you check the forums here for your phone and if possible go play with a working unit yourself.

Thanks HiFiSi and Bleargh...... I have no desire to play DVD movies, so I'll take ur advice and see if my new Verison "Dare" phone links up well with the 700....

You should go to a retail store (like Best Buy or Circuit City, etc.) where they have and F-series radio operating on display and attempt to sync your phone to it... Any of the 3 F-series radios will be fine, they all have the same exact bluetooth equipment/program. It's good to test it out before hand to see what will happen. If any salesmen come up to you and ask you what you are doing, just tell them. I'm sure if they think tey are going to get a sale out of it, they won't have any problem with you testing out your phone's compatibility with the unit.