AVIC411.com

Ohh Yea does this look familier (Caution Message)

I'm new to the Pioneer F series but definitely not new to disassembling or programming. What's a quick run-down of getting my unit into test mode so that I can pull the files and start hacking. I assume I'll need to use my SD card for this.

Shafty,

Start here "Guide to Mods"

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18327

Testmode file are available for your SD card here

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17542

After you got there, interesting files would be ezrider.exe in APL2/igo directory (that's the main iGO executable) and MainMenu.exe and AV.exe in the /APL directory

Just to be clear, the test mode files are only used to boot the deck into test mode correct? They are not all of the files that I will find on the unit itself once I boot into test mode? Once in test mode, will I be able to copy all of the files onto my SD card or onto a USB drive or both? Thanks guys/girls

That's right. Testmode files allow the unit to boot straight to WinCE desktop without launching the AVIC shell.

Once in Windows, close the Copying messagebox, launch Windows Explorer from Start button, and you have access to AVIC's file structure.

My Flash Disk\APLxxx directories are where main executables are.

If you have a laptop, I ewas told that you can connected it to AVIC's USB cable, switch AVIC to USB Client mode (Control Panel\USB CLient Switch) and copy files ditrectly to your computer. Otherwise, use Explorer on the AVIC to copy files to SD Card or a USB drive.

• 3 months later...