AVIC411.com

Run Avic soft on HTC Diamond!!!!

I just test to copy from the update the APL directory to the HTC Diamond, and wen I run MainMENU.exe works!!!, with some errors and messages but WORKS :shock: .

Them its possible to Change the Main menu :lol: and I´m sure that the unit takes a long time to up because load all applications in memory at start up.

Continue......

and I´m sure that the unit takes a long time to up because load all applications in memory at start up.

Members also believe that the "very very bad programming" has a lot to do with the long boot up time, that it has to uncrompess quite a handful of files and folders which slows it down. I.E, About 75% of the .bmp images for the Main Menu, AV Menu, and Phone menu are all compressed into "image.res" in the APL directory.

If only Microsoft release a compiler that supports ARMv6 instructions set and a device emulator that support the CE on ARMv6. We can produce 3rd party software for the unit. Right now, its too painful to be developing anything for this unit. The reason is that i have to run up and down to my car to test.

I also tested the avic softwares on HTC Tilt phone that support ARMv6 it seems to run fine.