AVIC411.com

SWI-PS and Ipod issues on f900bt

I'm installing the F900BT. This may seem like a really dumb question, but I'm trying to rule out the obvious. I have everything soldered for the SWI, but where I plug the black plug from the SWI into the HU? The SWI instructions just say 'jack' and I can't find anything on the HU that looks like it corresponds.

I have the pioneer ipod cable, but I can only get audio working, not video. Anyone have video working on their touch? I just updated the touch software for $10 so I could use apps, if that makes a difference.

Thanks in advance,

Janet

The plug from your SWI-PS goes into the jack marked "Wired Remote" on the back of the F900. The one for the microphone looks the same, so be sure you plug each into its correct jack. On the iPod question - I believe I've read elsewhere on this forum that other users have lost video function on the Touch after upgrading to the latest software for it. You might do a search for those topics.

Thank you! Crutchfield confirmed that the version 2.0 upgrade killed the video out on the ipod touch. Kinda beat, but maybe pioneer or apple will fix it. Guess i've gotta choose now.

Crutchfield also confirmed the remote plug is the one I needed. I was using that. I was hoping it was the wrong plug since the swi-ps isn't picking up my steering wheel controls. I have a support issue opened with pac-audio. I have a 2008 Honda Civic EX and it has the same exact radio and controls as the 2007, but pac-audio has different install directions for the 2 different years. So, we'll see. I'll post what I find out in case someone else is in the same situation.

Thanks for the information. This forum is really helpful!

The 2007 instructions for the SWI-PS work. The 2008 instructions on teh pac-audio wensite are garbage. If anyone else faces this, use the 2007 instructions and add the 5100 mhz resistor between the black and white wires. Works great now.

As for the ipod, version 2.0 video does not work. I can hear the songs fine. If I want video, pioneer says I have to revert to previous software version 1.4 for the touch.