AVIC411.com

Just bought a AVIC-F90BT. Should I keep it???

It depends on what YOU want, not what we think you should do. After Pioneer dropped the ball on the F-Series, this forum became divided 50-50 between the F and the DNX so you'll never get the fulfilling answer you want from just a handful of members. The DNX was recalled within 1 month of its release, but no unfixed issues have been noted.. But the F series came a long way IMHO. Despite all the bugs that it came with upon its release, only a couple remain. Those are the boot-up time, some BT connection issues depending on your phone (which they are releasing another update, strictly for the BT problems) and north only on 2D mode. I'm sure there are other little quirks that irritate other owners, but those are the 3 that everyone still encounters. The F series is also very customizable as far as changing the UI's and map options and such. TBH I think you should research what the F Series is capable of, and what it lacks before making your decision.

NOTE: EDITED TO CHANGE INFORMATION --Thanks Jet!!

The DNX never had a problem from Day 1 of its release, .

They were recalled for issues after the first month. You can also expect the same BT issues between the two of them. Both have the parrot chipset. Same issues with not being able to charge iPhones and the touch

The Kenwood is a little more difficult to use, with no way of changing the illumination color to match you current dash lighting. F- series also has MSN, where as kenwood has nav traffic with a very large antenna "hockey puck".

The DNX does have a dual zone if you have more than one monitor.

The DNX series also does not have a great website like this one, which is kind of a curse to pioneer since people have a place to gripe about it. Kenwood has a good customer service were all you get is a shoulder to cry on.

This past weekend I installed a 900 into my Toyota Highlander. I only have minor gripes about it.

- long boot up time

- 2d map behavior

Other than this it works great. I haven't tried an I-pod (nor probably will I), rear view camera, satellite radio/hd radio at this point in time. I want to play around with large USB drives next.

Thanks for all the info. I just have to try and find my speed senor wire to hook it up on my 06 dodge ram. I seen the post on where its located i guess I should try and install it, and try it out. The dealer gave me a little time to try it out because it was the first one they sold. Plus I like the 5 volt preout. I know the kenwood has the same but is more pricey. I also like the turn volume control rather then a push button volume, because I have no steering wheel controls. I also, looked at the alpine 505. The price was really good on it but by the time you add the black bird its about the same price.

... Plus I like the 5 volt preout. I know the kenwood has the same but is more pricey. ...

I just added an amp to my 900. I do have lots of hiss when I set the amplifier gain where I would like it. The 900 has the lower voltage preout, so you should have less hiss than with my setup.

... Plus I like the 5 volt preout. I know the kenwood has the same but is more pricey. ...

I just added an amp to my 900. I do have lots of hiss when I set the amplifier gain where I would like it. The 900 has the lower voltage preout, so you should have less hiss than with my setup.

More voltage normally means less hiss... not the reverse.

I was about to pull my F90bt, which was installed about 2 weeks ago, and put my "old" Panasonic Strada back in.

My god, The Navigation fuxking suck, cant find a place by Address at all, but I found it in POI, worst thing is that I have to "page down" one by one before I can find the place, I copied the address as said on the POI (which is almost the same as mine) , and enter it into the address ... nope, cannot be found. WHAT THE FUXK !

Unless they fix these bullshit issue (this navigation and others), stay away from the F-series !

I regret buying mine now after owning it for a couple of weeks and experiencing the slow bootup, crashes when using USB and the Nav is very unstable when it comes to voice, sometimes it will say the streets name sometimes it won't, and when I connect a USB device it distorts the audio coming from the Nav, its really low volume and on top of that, it makes the Nav voice stutter

I think I'm going to get the Alpine IVA-W505 and wait for the new nav module to come out that is going to allow an add-on nav without having to buy a Blackbird

but the only thing that works right is the CD/ iPod / FM

Sirius absolutely looks terrible on this unit compared to the XM interface and the Sirius interface in my OEM nav looked great, I actually had 3 lines of info:

Song

Artist

Remix info/ Song ad for another channel

I really miss my RockFord Fosgate system in my Lancer :(