AVIC411.com

Qs for UK Owners

Hi all

Just had my 900 installed and have to say generally pleased. Has rebooted itself a couple of times and map seemed to freeze duing a journey :x

Anyway (1) Did you recieve a full instruction manual with your unit, i got a quick ref and install manual :?:

(2) plugged in my ipod nano (v1) just using the USB connection, i get all of the functionality displayed on screen but no sound :roll: Any ideas? all other functions seem good, phone connected and uploaded my contacts ok all working well :D , cd and mp3 cd :D

lastly how good is radio reception, i can seek and find national stations but not local ones :x any ideas please?

(1) Did you recieve a full instruction manual with your unit, i got a quick ref and install manual :?:

(2) plugged in my ipod nano (v1) just using the USB connection, i get all of the functionality displayed on screen but no sound :roll: Any ideas all other functions seem good, phone connected and uploaded my contacts ok all working well :D , cd and mp3 cd :D

lastly how good is radio reception, i can seek and find national stations but not local ones :x any ideas please?

1) The manual can be downloaded on Pioneers website. They didn't issue booklets with the Unit

2) you need the Pioneer or Apple cable. The usb only enables control of the iPod but the official cables come with AV wires as well, and that's where you get the sound from. After that you have to change AV1 to iPod in AV Settings

3) I'm from the US, but Radio over here works fine

1. no same as yours. i double sided printed the downloaded manual in colour.

2. have no ipod. use usb sticks and sd card for podcasts

3. check your settings (when in radio screen tick right top). i can get some local (heard, mercury) and those boring bbc stuff.

is your traffic info working? mine does so antenna works.

what firmware version are you running? i'm on 1.001900.

1. no same as yours. i double sided printed the downloaded manual in colour.

2. have no ipod. use usb sticks and sd card for podcasts

3. check your settings (when in radio screen tick right top). i can get some local (heard, mercury) and those boring bbc stuff.

is your traffic info working? mine does so antenna works.

what firmware version are you running? i'm on 1.001900.

ok thanks, i'm on version 1.001600 which is the most up to date for the uk according to the Pioneer website

1. Nope - no manual. I'm on my second F900 - the first didn't even come with the install manual, so consider yourself lucky :P

2. Can't help, I'm resisting becoming an isheep :lol:

3. Radio reception isn't great IMO. I can get most local stations, but they're noisier than my old Clarion HU, and the auto seek tends to miss them. There's a few local stations I can only listen to if I manually seek to the correct frequency, but you only need to do that once and then save them as a preset :)