AVIC411.com

back up camera.

ok i wana get a camera for the D3 as i cant paralell park if my life depended on it :roll:

i thought about using the key hole in the trunk but i kinda done like that idea. so for noy i'd like to get a licance plate camera. (are those leagil BTW?)

i've heard that both pioneer and boyo are good brands i done need any fancy system just a picture. (color of course and b/w at night [iR?])

anyway would these 2 be good choces? why would u prefer one over the other? (camera newb here)

(full frame) http://www.millionbuy.com/exoexr900b.html

or just the camera? http://www.audiooutfitter.com/vtl420/boyo/p719269.html

I have the ND-BC20PA camera, and it comes in handy when trying to squeeze my car in the garage around all the stock parts I have pulled off, and my spare set of wheels/tires.

Backing in to a parking space it gives you grid lines that help align the car in the space:

338894077_wAXbW-L.jpg

And at the press of a button it simulates a top down view of what you are backing in to:

338894107_nHd2i-L.jpg

It takes some time to get the settings right but it is well worth the extra money in my opinion. The picture quality is not great, I think it was designed for the previous decks that did not have the screen resolution the F series has. I am not overly concerned about picture quality, but the ability to compensate for angles and the position on the car where the camera is mounted is nice. I tried a generic camera first and did not like the distorted view I got, and to be fair - I did not try the ND-BC2...

r6-rider07,

I have a boyo cam with my D3. I dont know the exact model and Im not sure the exact price (it came free with my D3) It's pretty much the same cam in that link you posted though except is that one plastic? Mine is metal. It looks pretty much the same on screen as that pic that was posted by dz, minus the wierd grid lines and folded space that gives you a simulation of floating above the back of your car. :roll:

I'm happy with the boyo

A cam is a cam as far as Im concerned. Its just a matter of how does it look mounted on your car, and will it break or not.