AVIC411.com

Anyone ever tried burning a DVD-MP3 to work with their N series unit? I think im just wasting blank dvds trying to figure this out.

Are you trying to burn a bunch of mp3 files (tracks, music) to a DVD? Is that what your trying to accomplish?

I have never tried it, you would have to burn it as 'data'.

Oh, that thing. I don't know about on the N4 or N5, but on an N1 thru N3, the CD-UB100 is recognized as an external device. In other words, it's horrible.

It works okay, it would be nice if the display was a bit better. But to your point it's designed & displays great on the N4 & N5.

I have an N4 and I've always bunt all my mp3's on 4.7 dvds using nero and it's data burning selection. i've never had any problems. I would say try a different brand of media, or software, or burner. It could be any one of these things. I can only speak of how the N4 works, but since I don't know what model you're using I can't really say much more.

As for the CD100-UB I just got one a few weeks ago and I like it and it works fine for me. Of course I would make some improvements but overall it's good. I'm able to always have my nav disk in and I'm using a 32gb flash drive that has enough music to keep me happy for a while. I've also read that people are using external hard drives with plug in power sources that don't use the usb for power and they work well too.