AVIC411.com

2003 Pathfinder - Issues Replacing NAVSYS910DVD with F900BT

Ran in to an issue, hoping someone can help me. I have a 2003 Pathfinder LE in which I had a NAVSYS910DVD:

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/ ... -SYS910DVD

This is one of the first gen type units where the Navigation unit was separate. I had it professionally installed by a shop about 5 years ago. Recently, the Nav unit portion completely died on me so I wanted to replace it with an F series. I took it to Best Buy to have it installed and have hit a snag. They are telling me that the new F series can't be mounted to the dash without the original Double-DIN style brackets that came with the factory stereo. I no longer have the original stereo and when I contacted the Nissan Dealer about new brackets they said they don't sell just the brackets.

I know I could go with one of the newer Pioneer units that are single DIN in dash Nav units but I really don't want to do that. On the positive side, the in dash portion of my setup is still working so I have audio, just no navigation.

Has anyone on here had any experience with something like this? Any thoughts? If I took it back to the original custom shop where I had the original work done would I get a different story or would they at least be able to work around it?

Thanks in advance for anyone with some advice.

Thanks for the replies all. I found another site where someone said that the parts are separate for right and left and you should be able to order them. He mentioned part numbers 280394w400/280384w400. I'll see if these are what I need. In the meantime, I got my money back on the F900BT till I figure out what I want to do - my audio is at least working so worst case I'm just left without Nav in my car.

Anyways, thanks again for the replies.

djhuab - it was so expensive because that was one of the first units of it's kind. I didn't pay anywhere near the 3500 retail. I found it on pricegrabber 5 years ago for 1900 and then 150 for the XM unit so not too much more than retail for the newer units.

Just in case anyone else stumbles across this site with the same issue...

Every shop I talked to said I would need the original OEM stereo brackets. I went to the Nissan dealer and had to special order parts 28038-4W310 and 28039-4W310 for the brackets, as well as 08510-51612 which are the screws.

I'm getting my F90BT installed in the next week or two after I get the parts.

Thanks to all for the replies. My next issue after that will be the dash opening but I'll cross that bridge when I get there...