AVIC411.com

Can you use standard igo maps on the F series?

im thinking of getting an F700 to replace my D3 because i really like the igo software, used to use igo8 on my mio 310x which i think is what the F series uses. Are you able to use the maps and data released onto the internet for other igo devices or does it have to be signed by pioneer or some other nonsense?

Also how much storage does the F700 have and is it expandable for larger map udpates.

I don't know if the maps are compatible, but I can tell you what I know about them (not much I'm afraid). The maps are in a file format *.fbl and are stored in the iGo/Content/Maps subdirectory. As far as I know, nobody has tried replacing the map files yet; until that happens we won't know if they have to be digitally signed or if they are 'locked' in some other way.

The F-Series use a 2GB flash drive, of which about 1.6GB is used. The Maps folder is about 820MB in size.

If the files are compatible you could delete the existing map files (make a backup first of course) and drop in your new ones.

I am sure that the F-series is technically able to have the map updates since basicaly it is just a matter of loading new files into it's internal storage. Whether Pioneer will release new maps, or offer them for sale, noone knows till it happens.