AVIC411.com

Better interface for the z2 with a Zune!

Kdoll, you control the zune through the avic or you have to manually do it? I never knew the unit had a UI for anything other than an iPod. sweet.

read the post and you will find your answer.

OP has a Z2, smartass. Kdoll has the 900. And there was no mention of how it's controlled with the F Series...

Think before you post :roll:

Catchme I have seen this before with the Zune on this forum. I believe everything is controlled with the remote that comes with the docking station for the Zune. There is definitely no on screen interface on the F series for anything other then an ipod.

Catchme I have seen this before with the Zune on this forum. I believe everything is controlled with the remote that comes with the docking station for the Zune. There is definitely no on screen interface on the F series for anything other then an ipod.

That's interesting. I didn't know Zune's can be controlled via remote. It's odd then that in Kdoll's picture, it looks like when the Zune is active, the splash screen comes up and it shows the categories. Would I be correct with that assumption?

I came home from S. Korea on my midtour for a month for the month of November and had ordered pretty much everything you could think of for accessories for the Z2, including the H/U itself. I also ordered the dock for my 80 GB Zune so I could interface it with the Z2. I probably spent 3 weeks downloading whatever movies and music videos I could find until I left for home.

After sleeping when I got off the plane I spent a full day installing EVERYTHING. Had almost all of my interior to my 07 Tundra out in the grass running antenna wires, speaker wires, power wires, fabing and installing mounts for my amp and subs. I couldn't believe it, but after everything was installed, EVERYTHING worked the way it was supposed to the first time!!! Haha, everything was installed right, no lose wires, no mixed wiring, nothin!

Okay, to the Zune. Guys, from what I've heard for horror stories about the iPod interface... a simple 80 GB Zune, a dock, and the IR remote for it works awesome!! Obviously the Z2 was bypassed when I installed it and I had a 1100 mile trip to Oklahoma to do as soon as I had the stereo installed. I left at 6:30 pm and had the road all to my self the whole night. Poppin, hoochie dancin music videos.... kickin bass... and from what I saw was an almost flawless GPS nav... it's great!

To answer the question about the zune controls... No it doesn't interface with the Z2 itself, just works through the RCA aux input. So you still have to manually go through the zune yourself. But honestly... as long as you keep the remote right there, that's even easier than reaching up to the H/U. I donno, maybe it's just a pain for me cause I'm a lil guy and there's a gazillion sq ft of space in my Tundra.

If I was home I'd take some pictures so you could see.

Hope this helps. Sorry I'm so long winded.

Vinweasle pretty much summed it up. I just use the dock and IR remote hooked up through the rear inputs and it works flawlessly. And as he said, I also prefer using that remote to touching the screen in this case, its just easier and I don't have to lean forward to do it which is a safety thing. Its no different than using the A/V kit to hook up the zune to a TV, I just hooked it up to inputs and had to get a cig adapter for the end because it comes with a wall plug-in.

I'd recommend it anyone w/ a zune!

• 2 weeks later...
Please excuse me if this question sounds retarded... I do not have my AVIC yet but, can you still use the navigation while listening to the Zune in this manner?

Interested in this idea because I'm trying to maintain my irrational anti-iPod stance :roll:

I share the same stance lol..I have never owned an apple or mac product in my life:)

• 1 month later...