AVIC411.com

I am goin to be purchasing a Z 1 in a few weeks and am curious about the ebrake bypass. I am asumming i will be gettin a post july model although sometimes tweeter has older unopen inventory. My question is if i remove the cell phone mute wire and use that for the ground, will that effect the blutooth adapter which i will also be buying. I removeing that wire will affect the blutooth, is there another wire that can be romoved and used without affecting the units operation. I will be running the Z 1 with the sirius reciever, ipod controller and blutooth setup.

Any information would be helpful,
Thanks in advance

Jack
[quote name="Dreamzxtreme"]My question is if i remove the cell phone mute wire and use that for the ground, will that effect the blutooth adapter which i will also be buying. I removeing that wire will affect the blutooth, is there another wire that can be romoved and used without affecting the units operation. [/quote]

No, the cell phone mute wire is if you have a cell phone adapter external to the Z1. The bluetooth adapter makes the Z1 bluetooth ready and the Z1 handles all the cell phone stuff. If you had an external cell phone interface like Motorola or an LG unit, the cell phone mute wire would be used for an external unit to tell the Z1 to mute the audio. If you use the pioneer bluetooth adapter, you won't need that wire.
[quote name="Inspector_Gadget"] [quote name="03Aviator"]I use the cell phone mute wire for my back up alarm. It now mutes the Z1 when it activates.[/quote]

Can you still run a bypass if you do your method? Could one "splice" into the mute wire and run it to both places? Like cntrylvr79 says, that is a great idea![/quote]

The cell phone mute wire used to be in connector 1, for this bypass that wire was pulled out and put into another location on connector 2. Then that wire is grounded. You don't "ground the cell phone mute wire". You need to ground a point on a connector which doesn't have a wire, so you need to take one from somewhere else. There are tons of wires on the Z1, I took the cell phone mute wire cause I didn't use mine like 03Aviator did (which I should since I also drive a 2003 Aviator). I'm sure there is a wire on the connectors somewhere which you don't use.

Look at the bottom of this page:
[url=http://www.sminntech.com/z1flash.html]http://www.sminntech.com/z1flash.html[/url]

You can remove any wire you don't use in your specific install to put into the spot you need to ground. If you don't have a powered or motorozed antenna, you can use the powered antenna lead. I'm sure there is a wire on one harness somewhere you have back there that is not hooked up in your install, just pull out one of those and ground it in the position shown on that link.