AVIC411.com

Driving car for a while the parking break message appears.

My AVIC Z1 is bypassed with a TR7, actually two TR7 because I have auto headlights.

After driving my car for a while the parking break message comes up and my system is no longer bypassed. I searched the forum because I thought this happened to someone else but I could not find the post.

I had this professionally installed and they wanted to use the TR7. I have reset the unit before but it keeps happening. Any ideas?
Hit

MENU-SETTINGS-HARDWARE-CONNECTION STATUS

And look at the status of the parking brake connection. Is it ON all the time? If so, that's your problem. Even with 2 TR7's you will need to disconnect your parking brake wire. You don't want it grounded all the time.

I'm going to guess that's your problem, disconnect that wire, and then reset the unit and those 2 TR7's should work just fine.
[quote name="ducatiboy"]Hit

MENU-SETTINGS-HARDWARE-CONNECTION STATUS

And look at the status of the parking brake connection. Is it ON all the time? If so, that's your problem. Even with 2 TR7's you will need to disconnect your parking brake wire. You don't want it grounded all the time.

I'm going to guess that's your problem, disconnect that wire, and then reset the unit and those 2 TR7's should work just fine.[/quote]

I just checked and it reads OFF. I started the car and it immediately came up with that message.

I will call them and tell them I want your circuit installed. I will ask them if I buy it if they will put it in. I'm sure they will their real good guys.

I have two vehicles so I will be ordering two circuits if they will.

Another question: I had one installed in my 05 Trailblazer last week and the tech said he could not get the illumination to work because there was no 12v just a pulse or something like that. I thought I read that with your circuit it didn’t matter that it would work with these new pulse/canbus systems?
[quote name="drober30"]I just checked and it reads OFF. I started the car and it immediately came up with that message.[/quote]

That's really weird. If that's off, then it shouldn't come up with that message. You might want to reset the unit. There are 4 levels of resetting. You might want to try them all. Usually just the recessed button to the right of the eject button will get rid of that message... Unless they programmed and installed the TR7's wrong.

[quote name="drober30"]
I will call them and tell them I want your circuit installed. I will ask them if I buy it if they will put it in. I'm sure they will their real good guys.[/quote]

My circuit is nothing magic. If you install and program the 2 TR7's correctly, they work the same. Just that with my circuit there is no programming and, I would like to think, an easier install.

[quote name="drober30"]
I have two vehicles so I will be ordering two circuits if they will.[/quote]

Feel free to order some, but if you already have TR7's those should work, there is a sticky in this forum with how to install and program them.

[quote name="drober30"]
Another question: I had one installed in my 05 Trailblazer last week and the tech said he could not get the illumination to work because there was no 12v just a pulse or something like that. I thought I read that with your circuit it didn’t matter that it would work with these new pulse/canbus systems?[/quote]

Well, pulse and canbus can mean different things. My circuit is smart enough to watch a "dimmer" signal and activate the Z1. The Dimmer wire is a pulsed 12V. It is 12V for 1/1000 second and then ground for 1/1000 of a second. Your dimmer knob will vary the time on and off to adjust the dimming of the interior lights. I tried to program my circuit to work of that signal and make 12V while it sees that signal.

Canbus is usually more of a command signal. When you turn your lights on the system sends out a "hey I turned on the lights" and then that's it till you turn off your lights and then it sends out a "hey, I turned off the lights" signal. My circuit and the Z1 won't work with this, we need at least something all the time when the lights are on.

There are canbus adapters out there, that will watch for these commands and send out a constant 12V output until it sees the "hey I turned off the lights" command. It's something to consider.
[quote]That's really weird. If that's off, then it shouldn't come up with that message. You might want to reset the unit. There are 4 levels of resetting. You might want to try them all. Usually just the recessed button to the right of the eject button will get rid of that message... Unless they programmed and installed the TR7's wrong. [/quote]

I did press the recessed reset button on the front of the unit the first time this happened. It fixed it for that day. Can I trouble you for the other reset levels you mentioned? I know there is one in the menu that says reset to factory.
[quote name="drober30"]I did press the recessed reset button on the front of the unit the first time this happened. It fixed it for that day. Can I trouble you for the other reset levels you mentioned? I know there is one in the menu that says reset to factory.[/quote]

The 4 levels of reset are in the operation manual, page 90-somthing I believe. I can't remember. I think one is MENU-SETTINGS- in there somewhere. And leverl 3 and 4 are something like hold MAP when you turn on the car and there are 2 in a secret pop up menu. Just check the manual for that to be sure.