AVIC411.com

I seem to be having an issue with my GPS all of a sudden. For some reason it will not track correctly a lot of the time and sometimes it will randomly work correctly.

So I went into the system settings and watched the GPS antenna screen. Most of the time it is only locked on 2 Sat. and often it just loses all Sat. and all signal. Is this most likely an issue with my antenna? Should I just buy another antenna?

Thanks in advance

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I decided to pull it out tonight in the cold cold weather, lol. The connection seems fine, I have already ordered a new antenna and I hope that will fix the issue.

As for the vibration, maybe you guys can help me minimize the vibration, here is a picture of my install, it is on a 2000 528i, so it required hand made brackets. I tried putting some foam under thinking maybe that would help.

Sorry for the quality, taken from my blackberry bold.

post-19415-12872756493356_thumb.jpg

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Did you fix this? I have the exact same problem.

I was having this exact same problem. I thought that maybe the receiver had been damaged in a recent hail storm. But I followed the wire from the antenna and no less than a couple inches back from the rec. the wire is cut.... I'd start there. Go into the menu settings and check you connection. If its crap you know it has something to do with the antenna. G/L

Dustin

• 4 months later...