AVIC411.com

Hi, I've registered my F700 and downloaded the free years subscription to the speed camera POI's.

But how do I load it onto the F700 ? Do I have to connect my sat nav to the PC or can I load the software from a SD card ?

Please help. :?:

i uploaded cameras to sd card, put sd card in my 900 turned it on and it is supposed to update automatically, think you have to put a blank sd card into the unit then turn on first, iirc

• 1 month later...

I keep having trouble with these speedcams (e.g. false positives, system hangs and music stutter) so i want to remove them completely, i have a separate warning device anyways... Now comes the fun part, how do i do this? The software (POI warner speed camera updater) which is installed on my pc has a remove option, when i put the sd card in my pc, (with the device file on it) and select remove, then put it in my car... nothing happens! They are still there :evil:

Any1 got a clue?

If these are speedcams that iGO itself warns you about (I'm not too familiar with POI-Warner's operation), then you need to boot into testmode, navigate to My Flasg Disk\APL2\iGO\CONTENT\speedcam directory, and delete everything there.

I keep having trouble with these speedcams (e.g. false positives, system hangs and music stutter) so i want to remove them completely, i have a separate warning device anyways... Now comes the fun part, how do i do this? The software (POI warner speed camera updater) which is installed on my pc has a remove option, when i put the sd card in my pc, (with the device file on it) and select remove, then put it in my car... nothing happens! They are still there :evil:

Any1 got a clue?

why not just turn the speed camera option off in the settings then?

• 3 weeks later...

Can someone tell me if I'm updating speedcameras correctly?

I add to SD card with POI warner

Then put in my F700 and turn on

Is that it? Does the SD card need to be in the unit all the time with the data intact? Or is it copied to the F700 internally?

There is nothing in the manual that helps and the unit doesn't give any confirmation that anything has happened.

I've worked this out by trail and error.

Once you have prepared the SD card put it in the unit and boot.

Then if you reboot the data is transferred - you don't need the SD card in the unit all the time.

I'm presuming when you update you go through the same process with an updated SD and it will update the unit.