AVIC411.com

After using the unit for a while now, the multi-function knob has not grown on me. It stinks.

It's too shallow, slippery and insubstantial. Using it to adjust volume is like trying to rotate an oily washer lying on a flat surface. A volume knob should have a robust feel. This knob feels like handling a dried leaf with your fingertips.

The next-gen knob should be knurled, or include some grip-able surface like rubber. Having it protrude more would be preferable too, but that might create damaging torque on the swivel joint. I'm on the lookout for the right size rubber band/electronics belt drive/wire shrink tubing/etc. to improve the sitch for now.

I got carp (wooters will understand) when I mentioned this a couple months ago - the rebuttal being, hey it is what it is. That was before I lived with it. I know we've all been obsessed with the software issues of the F-Series, but I'm posting this for the record in the event Pioneer looks to A-411 for next-gen pointers.

Please offer a better knob.

I don't find nearly the much fault with the knob (yes, everything you listed would be an improvement, but it doesn't bother me on a daily basis).

BUT, it does annoy the crap out of me that I have to turn the knob 17 times to turn the volume up to a reasonable amount. It needs to be WAY more sensitive to actually be usable.

Hey, my "manly" fingers don't slow down my playing!

Don't your fingers callus from the strings overtime? I know mine are starting to, that should give you a better grip with the knob.

BUT, it does annoy the crap out of me that I have to turn the knob 17 times to turn the volume up to a reasonable amount. It needs to be WAY more sensitive to actually be usable.

I find it much easier to gradually turn the knob, not so much quicker. I can get from 0 to the 30's in one turn that way. Just a suggestion though.

• 2 weeks later...

yeah, if i read this issue again and see some reactions like there isn't any wrong with the knob or you must be eating chicken etc. i think, think again as some people (like me) have right hand drive vehicles what makes this knob even more diffecult to use. also my 4x4 is more bumpy than a 'normal' vehicle. those things are adding up with the knob to small and slippery.