AVIC411.com

Exchanged F90BT with some issues

Everyone,

I exchanged a f90bt with al-eds. The new unit did not have the blue sticker on the box. It states that is was mfg in May 2008. How do I tell if the upgrade has been done?

Also I cannot get the phone to pair. I put it in discovery mode and yet it will not find the unit. I tried it like 3 times. Any ideas.

Also. I tried rebooting the system to see what would happen. Nothing new. The system setting/information is grayed out.

Also I cannot play video on the machine. It states that I must have the parking brake engaged. I had the bypass done. Double checked the wiring. The one that was supposed to be ground is spliced into the ground wire for the unit itself to the car. Any ideas.

Should i try doing the upgrade? Will it hurt the unit if it is already there.

When I hooked up the new unit it had the lagnuage selection but it was grayed out. The only button I could push is the ok button. Wha is that all about

Thanks

If there is no blue sticker, it has not been updated. Go to Pioneer's website, download the update and follow their instructions to update your unit. THEN test out all the other things you mentioned that weren't working correctly to see if that fixed it.

If the unit has already been updated, trying to update it again basically won't do anything.

And your bypass is not done correctly. Check to see that both the mute wire and parking brake wires are grounded properly and that the relocated mute wire pin is firmly seated in the wiring harness. If all three of these things are done, the bypass will work 100% of the time.

Hey there,

Thanks for the information. Indeed I found my problem. Bad install by me. So I got it workng and everything rocks. The system version says 1.0017 so I am good to go. The update has been installed.

Another question is the bluetooth. Is there a update for that I should install? Do I find it on pioneer's website?

Thanks

There has been no Bluetooth update released yet. If you're having Bluetooth troubles, try the option to "Pair With Specific Device" and then try each one of the devices listed - worked for me, as I was having lots of problems with my Moto Q9C on Sprint. Discovered that the pairing option for "Samsung A9XX" works perfectly with my Moto phone.

• 3 weeks later...

everyone,

i am still having problems transferring my phone book from my helio ocean. i tried to pull the book from the f series and it asked me to send a vcard? do i just wait at that point and let it run? because when i push the screen to say okay it says no telephone nmber loaded and then that is it. ideas

thanks

everyone,

i am still having problems transferring my phone book from my helio ocean. i tried to pull the book from the f series and it asked me to send a vcard? do i just wait at that point and let it run? because when i push the screen to say okay it says no telephone nmber loaded and then that is it. ideas

thanks

READ THE MANUAL before asking questions and high jacking a thread; it states exactly what to do to transfer the phone book in this manner.