AVIC411.com

2-wire bypass still work with Z3 image?

I had my Z1 installed and asked for the 2-wire bypass to be performed. Since, I have upgraded to a Z2 and then a Z3 using the images on this forum. I can't remember, but I don't think I actually ever tested the bypass. Just this past weekend I went on a long trip and decided to make a call while driving. The option was greyed out. I couldn't dial. The option to dial a favorite was accessible however. I then tried to set the Navi to test how it worked where I was and again I couldn't program a destination while driving. This made me think the bypass was never done. So when I got home I put a DVD in the Z3 and started to drive around. I got the popup saying watching a DVD while driving is strictly prohibited and the picture went off. Now I knew something was up. My question is this: I remember earlier, before the Z2 and Z3 image, certain "bypassed" files had to be downloaded and installed to allow the 2-wire bypass to work. Are these files included in the Z3 image? If yes then I'm sure the bypass wasn't done correctly. If they are not included, where do I get them from?

• 2 weeks later...