AVIC411.com

unlocking HDD...

I have a toshiba drive, the original out of my Z2, that is locked. The suggested program, HDDUNLOCK.COM. sees the drive, but says that it cannot access it because it is connected as a slave drive and can only access those drives connected as a master. If I connect the drive as a master, then windows will obviously not boot. How do I unlock this drive?

Tried switching master/slave and changing boot sequence in the BIOS, worked for loading windows and making the system functional, however, HDDUNLOCK says " detected an additional device attached to the same cableas the drive you are unlocking." "Please remove additional device from the IDE cable and try again."

How in the hell are you supposed to do that?! My motherboard has only 1 IDE connection.

Thanks for the mention garrettoomey, but I'm not really offering an upgrade service, I only have one drive to sell. I don't really have the free time to make a regular business of it.

Mittens, if you are dead set on doing this yourself, you mention motherboard so I assume this is a desktop PC? Does it have SATA slots? I'll assume it does being a desktop PC. If so, one thing you can try is an SATA to IDE converter. I would recommend to put your boot drive on it. I have this one:

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.706

Only $5.27 shipped.

It works great. I'd put the boot drive on that, hook it up to your motherboard's SATA, then use the single IDE on your drive. You could use that SATA to IDE adapter on the Z's drive, but I'm not sure how well that will work as I have never tried it that way.