AVIC411.com

F series Recall

Ok, I was at the stereo shop today discussing returning my f series and they informed me that Pioneer recalled all their blue dot F series units from them and said they will be shipping them updated units. I figure this can mean only one of 2 things.

A There is a hardware change

B There is a new software load that no longer allows getting into windows mode.

Anyone else hear anything?

That would have nothing to do with a recall. When the update comes out, they are going to HAVE to make it available to the end user. I really doubt they are going to make everyone ship their units in to be updated. Besides, they also recalled the initial batch until the update was released, and then sent out the blue dot units.

That would have nothing to do with a recall. When the update comes out, they are going to HAVE to make it available to the end user. I really doubt they are going to make everyone ship their units in to be updated. Besides, they also recalled the initial batch until the update was released, and then sent out the blue dot units.

Well I disagree but it is all conjecture at this point. This might not even be true.

Let me clarify though, this was ONLY for this distributors new blue dot stock and not end users used equipment.

Well sorry everyone it was a mixup. They for some reason still had some non blue dot stock and that is what is going back. Sorry to get everyone's hopes up.

I think that officially does it for me with Pioneer, I have given up on the F series and am getting a Kenwood DNX-8120.

same here for me i gave up the pioneer (avic d3) and now i have the kenwwod 5120. i will get it installed tomorrow and try and write a review

Mine had the blue dot and my friends didn't. He had me order him one after I installed mine.

The blue dot means that his unit had been upgraded to the 1.017 firmware. My F900 had the same blue dot on the label, I called pioneer to ask about it and they said anything with a blue dot has the upgraded firmware.

Well sorry everyone it was a mixup. They for some reason still had some non blue dot stock and that is what is going back. Sorry to get everyone's hopes up.

I think that officially does it for me with Pioneer, I have given up on the F series and am getting a Kenwood DNX-8120.

word, I got rid of my F900BT and got an Alpine IVA-W505, 1000x's better than that P.O.S. F900BT