AVIC411.com

Can I watch a dvd in front while listening to radio or xm?

Did some searching. Couldn't find a positive answer. I could do it on my Kenwood unit and I know you can do it on Alpine's also. I want to have video (DVD) playing on the Z1, the Z1's screen, but be listening to XM or radio? Can it do this? Thanks for the info. Wes
[quote name="wesman"]You should read all the other topics about bypasses and such before responding with that BS you wrote.[/quote]

Bypasses for full navigation control. Maybe you should re-read what you read. Thanks for making the obvious even more illegally obvious. Boy you just don't get a hint.
Now now guys, play nice!

And:
[quote name="PaisanNYC"]Viewing motion video within the view of the driver is illegal and not discussed here.[/quote]

Yes it is legal, you just can't do it while in motion. The Pioneer allows you to have full motion video in view of the driver with the parking brake on. I don't believe that wesman ever said he wanted to do this while he was driving... so as far as his question is concerned, what he was asking was totally LEGAL.

We are all adults here and we know exactly what is going on... I don't think that type of response is called for unless people say something like "I want to be able to drive down the highway watching a movie"... how do I do it. And even then I might not have gone that far with it. With the type of conversation that Jason allows here, this is well within the scope of what's allowed here. Some forums do respond like that with video in motion, but not really here.

As for playing a DVD video on the screen while listening to some other source, I don't believe you can. At least I haven't seen it. I know you can play a dvd on the rear screen and listen to something else on the head unit. But then the head unit will have the screen of whatever you are listening to.

The only possible way I can think of is run the aux out of the Z1 into the rear camera input and then play the DVD and set up the rear video source as the DVD and then hit AV and set XM radio or whatever you want to, then hit nav and set it up with a 2/3 1/3 screen and 2/3 will be the DVD and you will be listening to the XM radio. And 1/3 of the screen will be the nav.

It's the only thing that comes to mind. Why would you want such a thing?
Thanks for the response. It was just cool to do with my Kenwood DDX-6019. You just had to touch the FNC button for it. I put in the Z1 now and it's really the only thing that is kind of a bummer. I have a rear-view camera attached to my Hummer, so I guess I can't do this. Thanks again for the info.
Yeah my Kenwood can do it as could my older Pioneer AVH-P6800DVD. I haven't found a way to do it yet either. But I think if you get that remote for it, you could do it. It has a video source on it. Just like my older unit. There are some features on the remote that are not on the faceplate of a Z1 and I have heard that they work.